Super Easy Cream Cheese Cake Mix Cookies

Baking By GHOST_USER_NAME Updated 26 Apr 2005 , 9:59am by blessBeckysbaking

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 15 Feb 2005 , 6:18am
post #1 of 6

I came across this recipe and it's fantastic. You can really mix this up on the spur of the moment and make them any flavor you wish. So far I have done French Vanilla with a swirl of raspberry filling added, chocolate with rum extract and lemon.

And I always have the basic ingredients on hand. So it's great!!

Cream Cheese Cookies

1-8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, soft
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon flavoring
1 (18.5 ounce box) cake mix
Optional additives: 1/2 cup nuts, raisins, coconut, chips, other additives
After baking: 1/4 cup confectioners sugar or chocolate powder

350 (F) degree oven.
Cream together cream cheese and butter. Stir in egg and flavoring. Add cake mix and stir until well blended (add optional additives now). Drop by teaspoonful on to an ungreased cookie sheet (I line with parchment or wax paper) 1-inch apart. Bake 10-13 minutes- just until the tops look dry. Remove from oven. Leave on cookie sheet about 3 minutes. Remove to cooling rack. If desired, sprinkle with the powdered sugar or chocolate powder. They don't expand a whole lot. I would guess a two-bite cookie.

I love that this one recipe can make a whole multitude of flavors. I've made three batches in as many days... all on a whim, because they are so easy.

5 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 15 Feb 2005 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 6

WOW, hubby loves cream cheese icing. I will have to try this sometime this week. Thanks for sharing!!! icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 5:27am
post #3 of 6

Oh, cream cheese... it's soooo good. I had it on toast mixed w/ regular sugar for breakfast this morning! When my sweet tooth starts acting up that is the best!!

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 10:38am
post #4 of 6

I will try these cookies out on the family for Easter this week they don't know it yet but they are gonna be test dummies for a few goodies...lol

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 11:59am
post #5 of 6

cream cheese anything especially frosting is awesome.!!!!

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 9:59am
post #6 of 6

I made thses cookies and oh man they where sooooooo good I had to call my sister to come get them out of my house b-4 I ate them all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%