Cupcake Help

Decorating By dmich Updated 25 Nov 2008 , 1:05am by BrendaS104

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:24am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have any simple ideas for ocean-themed cupcakes for a little boy? He likes fish, dolphins, octupi, etc. My friend, the mom, wants to make them herself and hasn't done any previous decorating, though is willing to buy some basic decorating materials. Any thoughts or pictures would be great!

Thanks in advance!

7 replies
carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 3:59am
post #3 of 8

They sell gummy fish, octopi, etc in cool colors and shew could do wispy blue in different tints on top and let her son top them with a fun sea themed gummy. Or a bit more elobrate I saw in a book I have is a shark...3/4 a twinkie on top, covered in thinned grey icing, and a V cut out of the front for mouth and lined with a red fruit strip and white icing piped teeth. I think hello cupcake book.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 4:40am
post #4 of 8

What about using chocolate molds. They make a ton of different ocean themed chocolate molds. You just melt the chocolate pour it in the mold and put in fridge to set. She can ice the cupcakes any way she wants, even put some sprinkles and then place the chocolate on top.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=2&ShopId=18&CatId=426&SubCatId=1235

There is a link to give you an idea of some of the molds she could use. HTH

dmich Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmich Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks so much for the tips and links. I will pass them on to my friend.

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 1:02am
post #6 of 8

she can use a ocean blue frosting, and on top of each cupcake pipe a round ball. two little black dots for eyes and then simple straight lines for legs around the ball. Somewhere I just saw that in a store and it was adorable.

BrendaS104 Posted 25 Nov 2008 , 1:05am
post #8 of 8

sorry double post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%