How Many Do You Have?

Decorating By AgentCakeBaker Updated 28 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm by indydebi

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:17am
post #1 of 17

Hello Cakebakers

I'm just curious of how many cake or cookie orders everyone has for Thanksgiving?

I have 17 cakes and 10 dozen cookies and given the fact that I do work a full time job, I had to start baking today. I will continue baking tomorrow as well as Monday and Tuesday nights after work.

Does anyone else have it this bad or shall I say good? icon_biggrin.gif

16 replies
robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 12:27am
post #2 of 17

No cakes this year, but over 50 dz. cookies & I'm the only decorator at my bakery!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:22am
post #3 of 17

two weddings on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Thats all.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:30am
post #4 of 17

17 cakes? that is nuts!!

We are going away this turkey day, so I am glad to have the weekend off...I do have a several weddings over christmas week though and one on NYE!!!

Have fun baking! Are you going to freeze everything?

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:35am
post #5 of 17

None, I'm going to be away for Thanksgiving thankfully.

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:43am
post #6 of 17

I am actually surprised I have none right now. Business has slowed a bit, but it uaually does right around this time. I know last year I did do a couple cakes for Thanksgiving. But I know how things change I could go to work on Monday and co-workers will need cakes. Oh well I will enjoy my quiet weekend! Because December is going to be busy with bdays and cookies

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 23 Nov 2008 , 1:59am
post #7 of 17

17 cakes, 10 doz cookies???? icon_eek.gif WOW...
How do you still work a full-time job? Doesn't this make you a full-time baker? I'm a SAHM and have trouble finding time to make 3 or 4 cakes a week when I have the orders...unless I stay up past midnight.
I have to hand it to you... Where on earth do you find the time??? icon_confused.gif

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 1:29am
post #8 of 17

I just have 5 orders for cheesecakes and some sweet potato tarts.

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 6:41am
post #9 of 17

Wow that is alot of cake.

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 6:42am
post #10 of 17

Wow that is alot of cake.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:00am
post #11 of 17

All I have is 3 cakes, 12 dozen cookies, 8 dozen dinner rolls, a pie and a batch of divinity candy. None for orders though. We're going down to Savannah for Thanksgiving this year and that's my contribution to dinner

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:17am
post #12 of 17

None... I live overseas and we don't have (naturally...) US Thanksgiving here.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 6:17am
post #13 of 17

Well...I now have a freezer full of the above stated items! DH wound up with fever, chills and aches in his joints. We stayed home.

AgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

17 cakes? that is nuts!!

We are going away this turkey day, so I am glad to have the weekend off...I do have a several weddings over christmas week though and one on NYE!!!

Have fun baking! Are you going to freeze everything?

I did end of freezing some of my cake layers. It just got to a point that I knew I couldn't get it all done in one night. Freezing the layers then letting them thaw actually made the cakes moister. I had one customer tell me that her coconut cake just melted in her mouth.

Even though it is hard work, I love the end result and customer satisfaction! icon_biggrin.gif

AgentCakeBaker Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:18pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2cakes

17 cakes, 10 doz cookies???? icon_eek.gif WOW...
How do you still work a full-time job? Doesn't this make you a full-time baker? I'm a SAHM and have trouble finding time to make 3 or 4 cakes a week when I have the orders...unless I stay up past midnight.
I have to hand it to you... Where on earth do you find the time??? icon_confused.gif

I love to stay business. Don't get me wrong, I love some quiet days too but I can't sit still for too long. My family tells me that I need to slow down a little. I'm also an active member and treasurer in my sorority and my 4 year old daughter is in Pre-K who requires my time as well.

So I find the time but no me time. icon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:39pm
post #16 of 17

chutzpah -

I'm surprised you don't have some ex-pats over there who are looking for Thanksgiving treats.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm
post #17 of 17

I enjoyed my Thanksgiving day off .... my busy week is the week after.

Saturday: Wedding (catering) for 90 people and a 4 tier cake to go with it. Hubby is dropping off 2 sheet cakes (100 servings) for me later in the day. (I iced/decorated these cakes today, after getting my christmas shopping done during the Black Friday sales ... we were done shopping by 7:00 a.m.!!).

Then.....

A small non-wedding catering on Monday; a sampling appt on Tuesday; A dessert catering for Macy's on Wed; breakfast catering for the Post Office on Thursday plus a small drop off catering Thursday afternoon plus a sampling appt Thursday evening; 2 brides for sampling appts on Saturday; Home Depot Christmas party catering on Sunday.

So if I'm not on here much next week, y'all know why! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%