Betty Crocker Frosting? Under Rhondas Chocolate Mmf?

Decorating By pastrygirl33 Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm by muddpuppy

pastrygirl33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl33 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 5

Hey guys quick question. Can you use the store bought betty crocker frosting "Creamy Deluxe" Chocolate under Rhondas Ultimate Chocolate MMF.
I usually only use homemade buttercream with egg whites and such, but I don't have the time. It's a last minute order. I'm just wondering cause I don't want my MMF to melt on the cake. DISASTER you know what I mean. So any answers would be a great help. Thanks again! Take care.

4 replies
TASHA22284 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TASHA22284 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 5

I have never heard of anyone doing it with chocolate fondant but I have definitely heard of people doing it with regular mmf. I don't think the flavor would make that big of a difference in the performance of mmf. I say go for it. As far as piping a boarder or anything with the icing definitely not....use fondant or something else.

pastrygirl33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl33 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you I never use the stuff but it's a last minute order. I still feel I 'll need to make my own i'm afraid to try it. Maybe mess it up.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 5

There is a recipe on here for chocolate syrup frosting, taste WAY better than the store bought stuff! Actually it looks like the canned frosting. You do need to let it sit on the fridge before smooth it. Also it will melt in heat too.

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm
post #5 of 5

I've used Betty Crocker frosting under fondant before with no issues.. It actually crusts a little bit if you let it.... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%