Anyone Heard Of Cake Wrecks Before?

Decorating By Baking_Booth Updated 22 Nov 2008 , 11:22pm by Carolynlovescake

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 22

I stumbled across this website at work today and thought I'd share. Have any of you ever seen it?

[url] http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/[/url]

21 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 22

Way old news, sorry.

We've all seen Cakewrecks!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 22

Where have you been, girl? This site was all the rage a while back-not sure if it is still popular. icon_smile.gif

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 22

I didn't know about it until a couple of weeks ago. Someone on CC posted about it. Hilarious! I hope I'm never featured!

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 22

Yeah, the last one I saw was that so called PG woman in the tub that looked like a guy.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:20am
post #6 of 22

It may be "Way old news, sorry." but it was still pretty funny! I just spent an hour reading and looking at photos and had a great time with it.

mandysue Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:27am
post #7 of 22

I think I spent 2-3 hours pouring over that website and I got to laughing so hard that I was crying! I especially got a kick out the inappropriate use of quotation marks. Gawd, it was funny!!!

klhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klhayes Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:31am
post #8 of 22

Very funny site and it's been around for a while.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:43am
post #9 of 22

It is one of my absolute favourite websites of all times. If I am feeling a bit bummed it is guaranteed to make me laugh out loud. I don't know how many times I have been laughing hysterically at the computer until my husband comes over and wants to know what is so funny. My favourite is this one:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/07/inspiration-vs-perspiration.html

It makes me laugh every time I look at it.

hhcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hhcakes Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:47am
post #10 of 22

I agree BakingGirl...that is one of my favorite ones too. Her comments just make it hilarious! What a great website!

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:49am
post #11 of 22

Thanks for sharing Ive never seen it before and it is funny!! Just hoping one of my cakes dosent pop up on there hahah Oh I can laugh at my own mistakes.. we all have them... Thanks again.. icon_lol.gif

mandysue Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:51am
post #12 of 22

I agree--that is the worst cake ever! I will say, however, that I hate trying to duplicate a cake. I can't ever make it look exactly like the picture, and usually my cake pales in comparison!

Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:55am
post #13 of 22

I love Cake Wrecks! When things are going bad, it ALWAYS makes me laugh! My favorite is http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-made-me-laugh-til-i-cried.html

BakingGirl Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 12:56am
post #14 of 22

mandysue, somehow I doubt that your efforts at duplicating are in the same league as the plaid cake! That cake is in a league of its own!

mandysue Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 1:36am
post #15 of 22

That plaid cake...I'm not saying that I could dup the original, but I promise you that if mine looked THAT bad, it wouldn't leave my house!!!

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:04am
post #16 of 22

I love that site! I jsut discovered it last week and it cracked me up. Too funny. My favorite one is http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/06/naked-mohawk-baby-carrot-jockeys.html I think her commentary makes things even funnier. Especially when you look at more than one at a time. Hysterical.

BakingGirl Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:18am
post #17 of 22

I am just speechless that that cake was delivered. Who in their right minds would drop off a cake like that? It looks like a 3 year old made it, or perhaps the cake maker was drunk?

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:30am
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Phoenix

I love Cake Wrecks! When things are going bad, it ALWAYS makes me laugh! My favorite is http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-made-me-laugh-til-i-cried.html

That's my favorite too, it made me laugh out loud, I shared it with everone I know, cakers and non cakers alike, so dang funny! icon_lol.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 3:16am
post #19 of 22

Anyone on CC ever been a Cake Wreck?

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:44am
post #20 of 22

Yeah, here's one who sent it herself to cakewrecks:
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/10/confessions-of-cake-wrecker.html
lol-I'm always hoping one of mine doesn't end up on there!

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 10:34pm
post #21 of 22

icon_redface.gif Where have I been? lol. I just happened to stumble across it at work one day and wondered if you'd seen it.... lol. I'm a dork... Any other wonderful websites I should know about?

The next time I'm disappointed with the way my cake turned out I'm going to look around on that site, I'm sure those cakes would make anyone feel better about their own work!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 22 Nov 2008 , 11:22pm
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Anyone on CC ever been a Cake Wreck?

yup and thankfully not any of mine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%