Totally Not Cake Related....

Lounge By flayvurdfun Updated 20 Nov 2008 , 5:18am by michellenj

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 3:32am
post #1 of 4

Ok so I take two of my rings in to get them sized and what not, and every place I have taken them say it will be over 450.00 to repair them. First off you can't tell there are any problems with them, but prongs supposedly needs to be reheaded. Anyway, it's ridiculous to think these rings need that much repair, when all I needed was resizing. Anyway, it looks like we may just make one ring out of all the diamonds I have. Maybe a set of solitaire diamond earrings. Not sure, but what I cannot find are a lot of different unmounted settings to look at... do any of you know of sites that have them that I can look at to help decide?

thanks in advance!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 4:53am
post #2 of 4

Ooohhhh icon_sad.gif I wish you hadn't told me thaticon_sad.gif My rings need to have the diamond tightened......I've put it off the years.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 8:01am
post #3 of 4

Hi Flavy, sure good to see you here, it has been a while!

Here is one place that sells mountings, they also have loose stones, tools and books for doing your own thing, but they also sell jewelry. I haven't bought from them recently, but have in the past and was happy with them. Jewelry Television

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 20 Nov 2008 , 5:18am
post #4 of 4

Aren't the rings without the center stone called semi-mounts? Maybe you could google.

Quote by @%username% on %date%