2Nd Whimsical Practice Cake

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 13 Jan 2007 , 6:48pm by notjustcake

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 9

Well i tried the first whimsical cake like they do in the Whimsical Bakehouse book and it didn't seem slanted enough so I treid it the second time since i don't need so much cake for my daughters party I just changed the sizes a bit
bottom cake is 9" and 10"
top cake is 5" and 6"
I had left over icing and only enough to crumb coat it this cake is going stright to the trash but I wanted to see if i could even do the cuttting the cakes at an angle and just assembling it without it falling apart
the last picture in case you haven't seen my other threads is what my daughters cake will look like except she wants a crooked cake
let me know what you think
LL
LL
LL

8 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 9

your slanting looks much better this time and if you had more icing to go ahead and cover it it would be really cute.

notjustcake Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 9

I know but if you knew there is carrot cake and chocolate cake in the bottom cake gross !! I just used left over mixes I know it still doesn't taper but maybe is the way that i cut it I trimmed the extra from the top cake then i realized that's probably what's suppossed to make it taper i don't know how to do that then but I agree it is better than the last one boy I'm done practicing how ever her cake comes neither her or the parents will be the wiser

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 9

Got a chuckle out of "I'm done practicing", I can really relate to that. The cake looks great. You could make a new top layer and freeze the "old" top for a cake later on.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 9

Lookin' GOOD! Practice makes PERFECT! Or so they say.....I stopped practicing on wacky cakes after my first one! LOLL

Beth in KY

notjustcake Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 9

That's a good ideas freezing for later thanks

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:07pm
post #7 of 9

I loved your first cake icon_wink.gif

Yep, you have more slant with this one...great job. I am to scared to try one...I can just see it all toppling over icon_cry.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Maybe, one day down the line, I might get up the nerve to try one.

They sell the whimiscal dummies at the cake supply store where I shop...too pricey for me thumbs_up.gif

robjomac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robjomac Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 4:20pm
post #8 of 9

There is a website called

dallasfoam.com that carries cake dummies. They have the whimsical cake dummies. I am sure others know of some more websites to order them from. They were cheaper than purchasing them in the cake store. Even with shipping.

Robie

notjustcake Posted 13 Jan 2007 , 6:48pm
post #9 of 9

I'm glad you said that I will be in Dallas next month!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%