Adding Cream Cheese To Cake Extender

Decorating By adonisthegreek1 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 12:09am by glendaleAZ

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:55pm
post #1 of 4

I usually bake from scratch, but I made some wonderful cupcakes for my kids' class using the extender recipe (lemon pudding), plus a scoop of sour cream. They were very light with a hint of lemon.

What can I expect if I use the extender recipe, but add a stick (4 oz) of softened cream cheese? Soft and moist or disaster?

3 replies
KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 4:26am
post #2 of 4

A friend of mine uses cream cheese in her cakes all the time, especially her chocolate cakes and they came out really dense almost brownie like but they tasted amazing.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 3:00am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for your response. I didn't receive a response by the time I wanted to bake the cake so this is what I did. I used a yellow cake mix, added apple juice for the liquid, 4 eggs, oil and a package of pumpkin flavored instant pudding and 8 oz. of cream cheese. The cake was very moist, not dense or brownie like. Using the yellow cake mix, pumpkin pudding and apple juice gave it just the perfect flavoring without being over powering.

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 12:09am
post #4 of 4

Hi adonisthegreek1,

I've never heard of a extender recipe -- Can you fill me in?

A side note:
Looking at you account name, I'm thinking you're Greek? So am I, but just in blood, never been there, or speak Greek, but have always wanted to go there someday.

Tammy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%