"kitchen Nightmares" Last Night

Lounge By michellenj Updated 27 Nov 2008 , 10:33pm by michellenj

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 17

Did any of you catch this? I may never eat Mexican food again.

16 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 17

gross wasn't it. I really wonder what happens after the cameras stop rolling.

michellenj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 17

I was saying to my husband that they should have done a 2 hour special on "Fiesta Sunrise".

The daughter and mom can't say they didn't know they had roaches. You can't have an infestation like that and not know. And the health inspector! Surely the inspector saw problems. UGGGHHH That meat was so gross, nothing covered or labeled. And the garbage can of refried beans. And the bus tubs of rice. Gross, gross, gross.

The manager will be back to his old ways soon, I am pretty sure.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:30pm
post #4 of 17

Not the new episode I caught.... (Glad I missed it.) icon_eek.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 17

I watched it. I was so disqusted and shocked. I've never seen Mr. Ramsey take bad stuff into the dining room and make an announcement like that. I felt so sorry for the customers and in some way for the staff too. As much as I love Mexican (and refried beans), I almost gagged when they brought that "food" out of the cooler. Was there something lost in translation or do they only cook on Friday and just reheat the rest of the week?

michellenj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 17

Last season in that Indian restaurant in NYC he shut them down during service, but didn't bring the gross food out to show the diners. I'm not sure about cooking only on Fridays. I know that the rellenos they said were cooked on Friday, but I don't remember anything else about that. How about the big jug of free strong margaritas in the lobby? Funny idea.

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 17

I missed that episode, but I did catch the one with the Italian steak house. I couldn't believe how rude he was being. He definately should not be in a customer service type postion. Some people just shouldn't have their own businesses.

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 7:11pm
post #8 of 17

I caught that last night and just about died! Those roaches were huge and EVERYWHERE!!! They were even in between the clean plates! YOu could see spots of droppings or eggs maybe on the plates - GROSS! You know what kills me most about this? They are licensed to cook and sell from there yet my home on a bad day is a million times cleaner and bug free I might add, yet I can't sell out of my home. With health inspectors supposedly so strict and what not, how in the world do these restaurants featured in the show get away with a fraction of this stuff? I watch this every week, and every week these kitchens have rotting food in their walkins or being served.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 7:13pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienj

They are licensed to cook and sell from there yet my home on a bad day is a million times cleaner and bug free I might add, yet I can't sell out of my home.

So sad, yet so true. It doesn't make sense at all. I guess it's just one of those things.....

michellenj Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:34pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness_221

I missed that episode, but I did catch the one with the Italian steak house. I couldn't believe how rude he was being. He definately should not be in a customer service type postion. Some people just shouldn't have their own businesses.

That Sammy guy was rude and an a-hole. When he went to confront the lady that sent back her lamb, I was shocked! That restaurant was a very cute place though. It's a shame the owner is running it into the ground....

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 4:42pm
post #11 of 17

Sometimes they are so bad on this show that my DH thinks it may be rigged to generate excitement! But I know from live experience that these things do happen. We have a restuarant in my plaza that could give these guys a run for their money and I see they have a steady stream of customers!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:20pm
post #12 of 17

anyone know if this coming back on soon? i'd love to see the mexican one..

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Nov 2008 , 5:32pm
post #13 of 17

I'm so glad I missed this one. I would have gagged.
I tend to only eat at places where I see them making my food in an open kitchen or if I know the people who work there. I've worked in enough kitchens to always follow this rule. icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 1:21am
post #14 of 17

I don't even schedule brides on Thrusday nights because this show is on! It's our official "family time together" show! icon_biggrin.gif This place wasn't near as bad as the Indian restaurant in NY. THAT was really disgusting!! We read that Chef Ramsey sincerely has a very weak stomach and we've seen a few episodes where he went running to the restroom and you could hear him vomiting.

My same question as was asked above. Where the he!! are the health inspectors on stuff like this?

I LUV this show!

michellenj Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 12:38pm
post #15 of 17

If you want to see this episode again, I saw that the reality channel shows the reruns. Last night they did J willey's, which was originally shown a couple of weeks ago, so keep your eye out for it.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 3:12pm
post #16 of 17

I missed it the last few weeks on TV, but I catch the shows online. You can go to www.fox.com and click on "watch full episodes" and then pick your show and Fiesta Sunrise is on there.

ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX all post the shows the day after they air on TV for the ones they do air online. A lot fewer commercials this way too.

michellenj Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 10:33pm
post #17 of 17

OH NO!

Due to Chef Ramsay's "sex scandal", the network is suspending filming new shows. They didn't say it was cancelled. Here's a link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458352,00.html#

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%