Need Cake Filling Recipe

Baking By abeelovesjesus Updated 14 Nov 2008 , 9:46pm by abeelovesjesus

abeelovesjesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeelovesjesus Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 7:12am
post #1 of 3

Hi all. this is my first time writing something please have patients with me.
I'm baking a cake on sat for my little cousin's 5th b-day and i need an easy delicious filling. The cake will be a yellow cake. I tried one today that i got from allrecipes web site but it didn't go so good. It was the lemon filling. It showed great reviews, but mine came out very runny.The taste was there though. icon_redface.gif please someone help!!

2 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 3

Welcome to Cake Central. If the filling was runny, it was probably undercooked. You can thicken it by adding a little cornstarch mixed with water, and very carefully bringing it to a boil.

Cooked lemon pudding also good. but my favorite is Lemon Curd. You can often just buy it at the grocery store. You can use it straight out of the jar, or blend it with a little plain buttercream for a softer lemon flavor

abeelovesjesus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeelovesjesus Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply. That had to of been the problem , i don't think i cooked it long enough. It was my first time making it. Next time i know i should try making the filling days in advance, rather than only 2. Thank you so much i will also try adding some corn starch to it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%