Cakes & Catering

Decorating By Bethroze Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 1:31pm by Katie-Bug

Bethroze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bethroze Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 4

My Mother-in-Law asked me today if I would be interested in catering her garden club Christmas party. I have done small parties for people I worked for, but never a group of older women who want to be known for their taste. Of course they are looking for a good deal, and I am known for having low prices on my cakes. How would I go about pricing out food, if I don't even know what I would want to serve? They want an estimate.

icon_confused.gif

3 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 4

Is it possible to even estimate when you don't know what you'll serve?

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 4

I would say a good start would be to come up with a "per person" serving. That way you have some flexibility regardless of menu. However, it is still important to think of food options, because that could determine that fee. I would recommend PMing Indydebi and/or checking out her website www.cateritsimple.com. I think you could get a really good idea as to what food to serve and how much, plus costs per person. Whatever you do, keep it simple!

Good luck.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 4

You can't tell them any kind of price unless you have a menu to go on. Once you have a menu, you'll have to price everything. I get all kinds of looks icon_confused.gif when I go pricing food!

How many people are you looking at? Also, where will it be held at? Does it have a kitchen or will you have to transport the food? What time is the meal? Some clubs like that like to have appetizes an desserts, because the meeting may be in the day or afternoon.

When you get some information, I would be glad to help you, if you need any.

Katie thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%