Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Baking By thefrostedcakencookie Updated 5 Feb 2011 , 8:54am by Emmy60

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:37am
post #31 of 40

Julie, Thanks for your recipe. I LOVE pumpkin pie, so I have to try these. Your "slice of pie" topper is just too freaking cute. LOL

BTW: You're a celebrity in my house. Every Tue. as soon as I get home I check out your new posts- have to start leaving some comment "love" in your blog.

Thanks again,

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 10 Nov 2009 , 9:00pm
post #32 of 40

Thanks so much for providing instructions on how to make these delightful toppers and for explaining the colors used for the pumpkin pie itself. My daughter is excited to try these!

Thanks again! You are so talented and you sharing your talent is very much appreciated!

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 12:59am
post #33 of 40

What color did you use for the crust??

TIA
Tiffany icon_smile.gif

cupcakediva82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakediva82 Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 4:10am
post #34 of 40

These are so adorable! I think I am going to make them for my Tday brunch at my moms this coming Sunday!

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 19 Nov 2009 , 12:52am
post #35 of 40

I wanted to test the recipe....VERY Yummy, but I baked the for 30 mins.

cupcakediva82 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:58pm
post #36 of 40

I didn't get a chance to make this yet as I wasn't sure about the amount of salt. Is it just 1/2 tsp? I wasn't sure what the A meant before the amount in the recipe?? Please help! Thanks

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:44pm
post #37 of 40

Yep its 1/2 tsp!

cupcakediva82 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:53pm
post #38 of 40

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:56pm
post #39 of 40

Thank you so much for sharing this! I made it last night and they are the most delicious cupcakes ever!!! I used Earlene's shelf-stable cream cheese recipe with the cinnamon and a packet of dream whip powder added to it.

We used marzipan instead of fondant for the toppers, so that my kids could make them, and it was a ton of fun. I think this may be a new Thanksgiving tradition for my family icon_biggrin.gif

Emmy60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmy60 Posted 5 Feb 2011 , 8:54am
post #40 of 40

Using your idea for the cupcake topper, I went one step further. I bake my pumpkin spice cake in a pie pan. Then I cut the cake into pie slices. I dirty iced then covered the top and sides with baked pumpkin pie colored fondant. Then I added the crust to the bottom. I finished it off with buttercream icing as the whipped cream. It was a big hit. Thanks for the great idea!!

I tried to add a picture here but was unsuccessful. I posted a picture in the gallery under holiday/thanksgiving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%