Woot!!! She Said Yes!! I Knew She Would!

Decorating By tirby Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 1:28am by mkolmar

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 30

My son proposed to his girlfriend and she said yes!!!!
So I offered to make ANY cake she wanted.....
She is so nice and sweet... She wants a powder blue and silver wedding.
The wedding will not be for 1 year which is fine with all of us...
Gives me time to think.

Any pictures or websited for..
Powder blue
Snowflakes
silver

wedding cake ideas Just something to help her decide.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 30

Congratulations! What a special privilege to be able to make your son's and fdil's cake.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 30

That is so sweet! How old are they?

scrapperjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapperjade Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 30

Oh CONGRATS to DS & FDIL!! How exciting!

And how fun for you to do the cake!!! The theme sounds beautiful already!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 30

sending congrats to all!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

I'm sure that you will find just the right cakes to compare and shape hers into. icon_biggrin.gif

gales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gales Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 30

Congratulations to you all. Share the love and excitement. Your cakes are so beautiful you will not have any trouble deciding together the future cake's design. Planning the cake will be one of the beautiful memories you are starting to make together.

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

That is so sweet! How old are they?

Thank you everyone!!!!
She is 19 and he is 18.... We have homeschooled him through highschool and he is now an electrical apprentice...
She graduated from public school and works at a local department store. He went and spoke to her Father prior to asking her. The way proposed was so cute..
He took her to the local Mexican restraunt.. our favorite... because she had never been there and he likes to take to do do and try new things..
So under the assumption that trying a new restraunt would be fun... he sat dawn and asked her "IN MEXICAN" to marry him..She was clueless.So he said it again.. Still she is like "What! What are you saying I took German in school"
That was the cue for the waitress to come out with the BEAUTIFUL!!!! bunch of roses and set them on the table saying "Dear he is asking you to marry him"
He gets down on one knee and she just started crying....The rest well, she said yes.
Great girl I dont think I could have picked a better one myself.
Both of them are strong Christians and love God . Her parents and us have both spoken to them about decisions like whos church they will call home..no pressure but just so they think about these things and make some decisions BEFORE they get married. They will be doing the counceling and talking to Pastor in a few monthes I'm sure......
Our son is putting $500 a month away for the wedding dress and ring.... They dont want an extrav. wedding just simple and yet elegant.

ccbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccbakes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 30

That is so sweet. My eyes welled up reading the story! Congrats to all

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:26pm
post #9 of 30

That is fantastic. May God bless them with a long and prosperous marriage! Have tons of fun making the cake!!!

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:29pm
post #10 of 30

Congratulations! Take a look at gailwatsoncakes.com. She has some beautiful cake kits to make the job easier.

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:34pm
post #11 of 30

snowflakes?!?! They make cutters right? I think gumpaste might be better than royal..Anyone have experience with or ideas on that??

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:39pm
post #12 of 30

thats wonderful news, congratulations!

Do you have any other children?

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:43pm
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDesserts

thats wonderful news, congratulations!

Do you have any other children?

I do have. We have two older sons and a younger daughter. My daughter keeps running around (she is 13) yelling
"I'M GONNA HAVE A SISTER" I think she is excited too!
Our other boys 22 and 20 are just going to continue to pray and wait for God to send the right girl!!

No complaints on my part!!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:47pm
post #14 of 30

For snowflake wedding cakes just go to the search area and enter Snowflake wedding cakes. There are a number of pictures and forum entries about making snowflake cakes.

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:48pm
post #15 of 30

Congratulations!! That is so sweet the way he proposed!!! (btw it's actually called Spanish, not Mexican icon_wink.gif

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:01pm
post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariela_ms

Congratulations!! That is so sweet the way he proposed!!! (btw it's actually called Spanish, not Mexican icon_wink.gif

I knew that..I have family that speak spanish but .... icon_rolleyes.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:14pm
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariela_ms

I thought some words in Spanish mean something different in Mexican.

Mike

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:21pm
post #18 of 30

Spanish is the language itself which is spoken all over! So every culture has different words for different things. I'm from Mexico and if I went to...let's say Argentina, I would probably not understand alot of words since each culture add's its words. Just from one state to another it's different!! I went to Mexico City (central Mexico) in May on vacation and I'm from Sonora (north of Mexico) and I didn't know alot of words too! And we have a different tone of voice. Kind of like people from the South versus someone from New York. I guess we make the language our own. icon_biggrin.gif

UltimateCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UltimateCakes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:27pm
post #19 of 30

I think it's great that they have found each other at such a young age. Congrats and may God bless you all.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm
post #20 of 30

congratulations to the whole family! What an exciting time in their lives .. time will fly by .... my sister thinks the snowflake cake in my photos would make a pretty wedding cake ... I am sure colors could be altered .. but it is one idea ....

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:45pm
post #21 of 30

Oh my gosh I'm at work & I'm all crying that is so so so sweet.

What a wonderful coupla kids!! I know you are so proud.

Oh making the cake is a tremendous blessing. You're gonna love that.

Very happy for you. sniff sniff sniff

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:46pm
post #22 of 30

TheCakerator, that is BEAUTIFUL! how many snowfalkes did you have to make to get that many good ones. Do you have a royal icing recipe that is different than the basic or stronger?? I will be showing her this one for sure!!
Thanks!

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:48pm
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Oh my gosh I'm at work & I'm all crying that is so so so sweet.

What a wonderful coupla kids!! I know you are so proud.

Oh making the cake is a tremendous blessing. You're gonna love that.

Very happy for you. sniff sniff sniff

\\No crying now!! I need all of you to be strong and supportive...OH heck with that icon_cry.gif CRY with me icon_cry.gif ...I am so excited and Blessed.

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:49pm
post #24 of 30

Congratulations! I was married at 19 and my husband and I have just celebrated our 21st anniversary. We kind of "grew up" together starting out that young (he was 24), and there were times I wondered what kind of crazy mistake I'd made icon_biggrin.gif , but I do believe our strong spiritual beliefs are what brought us together, and kept us together. Again, congratulations!

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 8:54pm
post #25 of 30

Callyssa,
That is great...But you know there are always thoes days where love isn't enough..It is more than that and I believe IF you TRULY both love the Lord and trust in Him then all things work out.. I have gotten a bit grumpy at times with my hubby but I know he is a blessing to me from God and wouldn't exchange that for anything!

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:03pm
post #26 of 30

That's exactly the point I was making! icon_smile.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:28pm
post #27 of 30

tirby, thank you ... I just used regular royal icing for the snow flakes ... I don't remember how many I made exactly, but I know I made a LOT .. the snowflakes on top of the cake are just royal iced onto sticks and put into the tops of the cakes, and then all the snowflakes around the edges of the cakes are only 3/4 snowflakes, so it looks like they are sitting on the top of a layer and the sides of a layer of cake if that makes sense ... the ones around the base are just 1/2 snowflakes ... I am sure you could get a snowflake pattern off the internet and then pipe royal onto wax paper over the template ... if that helps thumbs_up.gif

tirby Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 9:34pm
post #28 of 30

that does help! I think I will see howmany they want on the cake and the style they choose before Ido to much. I was going to order a cutter BUT... If they only want 6 snowflakes then no point. But if they want it covered.... I think I will be VERY busy the week of the wedding icon_biggrin.gif

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 10:19pm
post #29 of 30

congratulations!

There is one blue snowflake cake that I instantly thought of. Its by Mark Joseph - www.markjosephcakes.com called 'snowflakes'

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:28am
post #30 of 30

Congrats! How sweet of a proposal is that. icon_razz.gif
I was married 2 weeks after I turned 19. He was 21. I was given a lot of grief about getting married young as well as my family members. We're still together 11 1/2 years later. Young love is grand.

Have fun with all of the planning. Congrats again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%