Chocolate Layer

Decorating By Munchkin_maria Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 5:25am by JoAnnB

Munchkin_maria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkin_maria Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:11am
post #1 of 2


I made a chcolate layer cake today following tripletmom's recipe detailed in the recipe section on here. It was in a Winnie the Pooh shaped pan and was in the oven for over an hour before we had a power cut. My question is = is it supposed to be gooey and a bit "brownie like" in the middle or is it seriously under cooked?! The power didn't go back on for ages so I couldn't cook it longer! agggg!

Due to time constraints (party is in about 8 hours time!) I have gone ahead and iced it which is is all great BUT i am just unsure as to whether I should actually serve it or risk poisoning people!!!! Maybe I should just whip up a quick simple sponge to actually cut and eat!??! I don't mind serving it to family but to a large party with a lot of kids??????

Please can anyone advise........................

1 reply
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:25am
post #2 of 2

It is underdone, however, it is probably 'fully cooked'. It might not be nice, but it won't poison anyone.

Personally, I would bake another cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%