Omg! I Did It! I Painted With Buttercream!

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 4:02am by bethola

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:49am
post #1 of 12

And had a BLAST! This is just a practice cake, but I think it turned out better than I had hoped! I am so proud of this practice cake (real cake is due next week) that I just had to share with you all! I iced my dummy and then started painting on it. Evertyhing was done freehand. I just kept a copy of the painting next to me so I could use it as reference. The colors aren't exact, but pretty damn close if you ask me. Thanks for looking!
LL
LL

11 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:02am
post #2 of 12

wow! awesome job! im sure the customer will love this.
good luck, dont forget to show us the final cake.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:03am
post #3 of 12

WOW You really did an awesome job!!!! How did you paint with buttercream?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:05am
post #4 of 12

AWESOME!! If they dont like it that are NUTS!!

nefcook21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefcook21 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:06am
post #5 of 12

That is great!!! If that's the practice cake can't wait to see the final one! Good job!

Trixyinaz Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:09am
post #6 of 12

Thanks guys! Basically you ice your cake like you normally do. Then mix up all the colors you want and have them in separate bowls. Then with a paint brush, I just started painting. I would dip the brush in one color of BC and plop it down and move it around. And I just kept going until I was done. First I started with the sunset colors, then moved on to the blue color and so on. I used different size brushes and just played with it. I bought a bunch of different brushes today and these will only be used for my cakes (If I ever do this again...LOL). It really is easy.

In the "HOW TO THREAD", I asked how to paint on buttercream. Someone posted and told me about this lady that does it. Her handle is Talmas. So I looked up her photos and found out that there was a thread going back in 2005/2006 where she explained how to do it. If you go to the How To thread and find my post, I link back to her original post where she explains how she does it. Good luck if you try it. It is a lot of fun!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:10am
post #7 of 12

AWESOME!!!! thumbs_up.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:33am
post #8 of 12

That looks great! It made me smile because I did exactly that picture on my sister's 40th birthday cake a few years ago! I didn't paint though - I mixed up about a bazillion colours of buttercream and applied them almost like oil paints. It took ages but was a lot of fun!

I also had a speech bubble for the guy "Oh no, Alyson's 40!"

I'm sure your customer will love it. thumbs_up.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:07am
post #9 of 12

Thanks everyone!

Tubbs - I did it the same way as you. Had several colors of BC and applied them to the cake with my paintbrush - hence, "painting with buttercream" icon_lol.gif I would love to see the cake you did. Got any pics?

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:26am
post #10 of 12

Oh, ok! I read it as 'painted ON buttercream' icon_redface.gif

I don't know about pictures - it would have been about 6 years ago and we didn't have a digital camera then. I will have a look though.

Trixyinaz Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:43am
post #11 of 12

That is too bad. I bet it was awesome!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:02am
post #12 of 12

VERRRRY NIIIICCE!

Beth in KY

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%