Christmas Center Pieces Help!!

Decorating By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 5:58am by auntginn

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 16

Hi, I want to make center pieces for my church crhistmas program, I'll need to make at least 12, can someone give me some ideas please?

Thank you.

15 replies
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 16

Anybody there? maybe I should've said that I want them to be edible!

Memie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Memie Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 16

Maybe some hurricane lamps with a red, green or gold candle inside and greenery around the outside.

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 16

please, some help?? icon_sad.gif

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 16

In Colette Peters' book, "Colette Peters..The art of cake decorating" there is a christmas tree centerpiece that's absolutely gorgeous and edible. It's on page 93 of the book. Otherwise, you could make pretty christmas themed mini cakes. You could also do trees with chocolate covered strawberries. Just a few ideas. HTH

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:48pm
post #6 of 16

you could get the 3-d christmas cookie cutters and use them as centerpiece scenes - one has santa/sleigh/reindeer with trees and snowmen and the other has a gingerbread house with snowmen and trees - I got mine from William Sonoma on sale they weren't really expensive at all!! maybe try ebay -

Or you could do 3-d christmas trees or mini cakes like packages/presents.

I know that the wilton mini bear pan can be made into santa, a snowman, an elf etc...those might be cute too.

ok, thats all i have for now...

good luck - let us know what you decide to do.

Melonie1005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melonie1005 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 16

What about using the sytrofoam cones that look like trees and cover with green foil and stick on chocolate covered strawberries or truffles, cake balls. Hope this helps.

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 16

Welcome to California!

You could make a yule log. They could each be a little different, some with poinsettias, pine branches & pine cones, holly with berries, each with little things added....mouse (made with a cherry), meringue mushrooms, candy canes......They go together really fast and you can add as many things as you want or have time for.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:14pm
post #9 of 16

Well maybe you could do a couple different things and then put them on all of the tables. Maybe you could put Gingerbread houses, sleighs, reindeer, Santa made out of cake. I was going to say the christmas tree cakeballs, but someone already did. Oh let me think of some more

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:14pm
post #10 of 16

I LOVE BCJean's idea about the yule logs! I have always wanted to make one and have seen SO many variations. I think that would be super cool. icon_biggrin.gif

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:28pm
post #11 of 16

This is a Yule Log I made a couple of years ago. The red part was a real candle which I inserted in it. I decorated the cake board to look like snow.
LL

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:37pm
post #12 of 16

What about doing a Christmas "cookie" tree using the varying star cutouts? I hope the picture comes thru.
LL
LL

carooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carooch Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:41pm
post #13 of 16

You have some great looking cookie bouquets in Christmas cups in your album... You could get inexpensive Christmas bowls and do the cookie thing a little bigger- to use as a centerpiece - maybe stars, trees, etc for a more religious theme... Your cookies look wonderful !

Good luck ...

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:20am
post #14 of 16

I like the idea of thr yuge logs and is also inexpensive. If I wanted to do the cookie christmas tree, where do I get the cutters?

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:05am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChic_Confections

I like the idea of thr yuge logs and is also inexpensive. If I wanted to do the cookie christmas tree, where do I get the cutters?

You can get the kit from Wilton online. It's around $7.99 for the kit and includes all the cutters you need, some bags, a tip and some recipes. You might be able to find it locally at Hobby Lobby or Michaels, Garden Ridge, etc. I have a friend who makes these and she said people just love them.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:58am
post #16 of 16

In the galleries there is a Christmas section with lots of pics from CCer's and some wonderful ideas.

Last year I learned to make mice made with chocolate covered cherries and snowman from marshmellows. I'm sure you could find some wonderful ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%