Something Special!

Decorating By aine2 Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 1:22am by jen1977

aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 12:35am
post #1 of 3

Most of you already know that I am a part-time carer for a young man with complex special needs and may also know that I have a year old grandson with Downs Sydrome. I have been sent many photos from parents and grandparents of children with Downs who wish to share their stories with me. It is a great support and because of this I have started a little group on Flickr called "Upside Downs". I hope that anyone who wishes to join will share their ups and their downs as their children grow. Our little Daniel had a major heart operation in his first 4 months and now has hearing difficulties which means he will be having hearing aids fitted very soon. Despite these things, he is a happy, giggly little bundle of joy and I wear his mouth permanently attached to my cheek whenever I have him near. icon_lol.gif I would like Daniel to know his worldwide friends. Who knows...he may even join his granny one day on one of her cake events across the pond! icon_wink.gif If you'd be interested in joining this group you are more than welcome.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/upsidedowns/

Cheers! thumbs_up.gif

2 replies
MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 12:50am
post #2 of 3

He is a doll baby! I don't have any pictures to add but what a neat idea.

I love the picture of him going after your face. I miss babies going after my face with wide open drooly mouths. :p

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 1:22am
post #3 of 3

He's such a cutie! I don't have any pictures to add either, but will check often for new pics!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%