How Do I Recreat This Look- Picture.

Decorating By karapags Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 5:19am by AlamoSweets

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I have someone how wants to have the scalloped look like the top two tier. Does anyone know how this is done. Do you cut it once it is on the cake or do you use a cutter and cut it first and them add it to the cake. I pm the person who did this cake a long time ago and she never got back to me so I I wanted to know if anyone has any idea's.

Thanks so much!!

Kara
LL

6 replies
ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 7

I'm not expert but I would think you would cut it before you put in on the cake. Maybe use the wilton fondant mat to get the perfect size round then scallop the edges.

Good luck!

karapags Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks! I will try it before the cake is due.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:29am
post #4 of 7

Yes, I agree. You will have to be careful moving the cut piece onto the cake so yiou don't stretch it out of shape.

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:48pm
post #5 of 7

I just did one similar to that idea this last weekiend and I cut it once it was on the cake. I was afraid it would lose it's shape if I cut it prior to placing on the cake. However I had a border on the scallops.

karapags Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone I will try both ways to see which works for me.

I really appreciate you helping me!

Kara

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:19am
post #7 of 7

I have done the same design a couple of times and I have found it almost impossible to cut it once it is draped on the cake so I do it before. I roll it a little thicker to avoid stretching. Pretty cake....please share your pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%