'the Recipe Didn't Work!'

Decorating By SeriousCakes Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 3:19am by Melvira

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:46am
post #31 of 38

Probably, jouj. He was a real meat and potatoes kind of guy. And it showed! Probably the few things I cooked for him were the only healthy things he ever ate!

I love it that the men (or significant others) think it's so easy. I had my somewhat inebriated boyfriend standing over me trying to direct things one night. He's lucky he's still living. If it hadn't been my nephew's 1st birthday cake, I would have turned it over to him and told him to show me that he could do better icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:58am
post #32 of 38

bizatchgirl you are cracking me up! One day I was cooking something for dinner, I don't recall what (and trust me, I am an accomplished cook) and my husband came up and watched for a few seconds, then said something assinine like, "Are you going to do it like that? Shouldn't you..." This is the man that can barely make toast, and burns water when he tries to boil it! icon_surprised.gif I turned around and with a huge smile and said, "Really? You want to go there? A few *%#% episodes of "Good Eats" does not qualify you are a chef you know!?" Lo and behold, it turned out tasting good enough to eat. icon_rolleyes.gif Cracks me up when they think they know something!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:45pm
post #33 of 38

My boyfriend watches Good Eats too! Let's blame it ALL on Alton Brown. My boyfriend is a very good cook, but he can't cook anything from scratch, he can only cook from recipes. And I don't think he's ever baked a thing. So, why he thinks cooking from recipes would make him able to decorate a cake, is really beyond me!

Melvira Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:48pm
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizatchgirl

So, why he thinks cooking from recipes would make him able to decorate a cake, is really beyond me!

Hahahahahaha!! That is awesome! My husband is the intellectual type that thinks reading about something means he can do it. Yes, sure, in theory, but try it first before you advertise that you CAN, right?

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:36am
post #35 of 38

'Anyone can cook!'
'Well, yeah anyone CAN, that doesn't mean that anyone SHOULD.'
Ratatouille icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:01am
post #36 of 38

Hehehehehe... I love that movie!

SeriousCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeriousCakes Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:02am
post #37 of 38

So here's what I'm wondering. The other day I was trying to look up the recipe I use for pumpkin cake (from the 'net) to give to someone else. Out of curiousity I browsed through the reviews and found that the people who gave it a bad rating (1 star) said things like 'I used applesause instead of oil and egg whites instead of whole eggs, cake was gross and I won't be trying it again'. Fortunately there were a lot of people who did like the recipe (those who made it correctly, like me icon_lol.gif ) and their ratings could bring up the lower ones.
That brings me back to this site, where people don't write a review, they just give it a rating. How many low ratings do you suppose have been given because someone didn't follow the recipe?

Melvira Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:19am
post #38 of 38

I agree serious_cakes!! It's frustrating!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%