How To Make Your Own Stencil

Decorating By Taigen Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 11:42pm by mbt4955

Taigen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taigen Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm
post #1 of 10

In another thread (who on CC made this cake) the topic of stencils came up and I posted on how to make your own using the program "word on your computer. I thought I would put it here in a new thread so others could also have the directions.

If you want to make your own stencils using "word" program on your computer. Open word, click insert, then word art. A window will open with lots of styles, I use the outlined one. Another window will open and you can choose you font and size. Then just type what you want.
Print it out and then cover it with clear contact paper. Use an craft knife to cut out the letters, you may have to leave some "bridges" to keep some letters like a stencil.
Here is a picture to show you what I mean by "word art". Hope this helps. Sorry I don't know how to do this with a Mac computer.
LL

9 replies
AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:14am
post #2 of 10

Thanks for sharing. A lot of people have read this so I know it is sure to help many.

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:16am
post #3 of 10

Thank you so much for that. I have always wanted to know how people do that.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:17am
post #4 of 10

Thank YOU!! i didn't know this, but it will be so handy, i do my writing using a projector, now i will be able to curve my writing, and shape it, sooo exciting!!! thanks!!!

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:39am
post #5 of 10

Sometimes the greatest things are the ones that are so simple and easy to accomplish, but could never have thought of on your own~ Thanks!

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 4:51am
post #6 of 10

Thank you for sharing! It is so simple and will be very useful. I tried to do monogram and make the middle one bigger, but it didn't work. When I highlight the middle one to make it bigger and then pull up the size of font it takes away the highlight and does all three letters instead of the middle one only. Does that make sense, it is getting late?

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks so much for the insight! I'l like to know if this will work with pictures and how to go about it.

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 10

Wonderful! Thank you!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:24pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks for the info.

There is also an intriguing thread about using royal icing to make a stamp, which I'm dying to try (and if I..could....just..get..off....CC, I..might..be....able..to....................No, can't do it!).

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=608886&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:42pm
post #10 of 10

Auntiecake, you have to do it one letter at a time. Insert, WordArt, choose your font and your size, then do the first initial. Insert, WordArt again, choose your font and a bigger size, then do the middle initial. Repeat what you did for the first initial for the third one and it should work. Just remember the font and size so that they will match. Good luck!

Martha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%