Urgent Help Needed!

Baking By preciosa225 Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 5:41pm by preciosa225

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 7

I have a rush order for this afternoon. I have the cookies baked and cooled, but I am making the Antonia74's Royal Icing now. It is 9am where I live and the cookies need to be done by 4pm!

My question is, "What is the quickest way to dry the icing once on the cookies?" I've read here that most people let them dry at least 24 to 48 hours! HELP!!!

6 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 7

Hopefully others will jump in on this, but all I can think of is to put them under a heat lamp (I use a large work light) and put them under a fan. Some try the oven at around 130 degrees, but I haven't tried that. I am sorry that I couldn't be of more help and best of luck!!!

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 7

can't be more help but i would suggust a fan.. just don't blow them away icon_smile.gif

goodiegoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodiegoddess Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 7

I used her icing the other day. It does dry fast and if you start decorating now it should be good. Just watch how much you thin it to do any colour flow. Try and leave it as thick as possible and it should dry fast. Also dont know what the theme of the cookies are but try using sanding sugar over top of the RI. It helps, I had a rush order for pumpkin cookies and I did not flood them just outlines and sanding suagr and had them done on time.

Good Luck!!

preciosa225 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you all for your help. I did the cookies and they were dried and ready to go on time. No problems and they gave nice compliments on taste too. I kept the decoration simple as I was pressed for time and this was my first attempt! Pics posted in my photos.

Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:32pm
post #6 of 7

hi preciosa, i looked at your cookies and they came out really nice! great job! icon_biggrin.gif

preciosa225 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much for the compliment and for the support! It was a lot of fun overall.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%