Oops!

Decorating By BEF72M Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 9:04pm by Parable

BEF72M Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BEF72M Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:54am
post #1 of 8

I'm making pumpkin cupcakes for my friend's party tomorrow. The recipe called for 1/2 t. cinnamon, and 1/4 t. nutmeg. Well, my nutmeg is located right next to the paprika on the spice rack, and they're in identical glass bottles. I didn't even look at the label. I just grabbed, and you guessed it. Paprika instead of nutmeg, and I didn't notice until it was too late.

Normally I would start over, but it's late and I'm out of cake flour. Instead I went ahead and added the nutmeg (checking the label this time) and another 1/2 t. cinnamon. Thank goodness this isn't a paid job! My friends who will be at this party are used to, and usually enjoy my experiments. The batter tasted okay. Hopefully the cupcakes will turn out all right too.

I'm going to frost them with chocolate BC. My theory is that anything will taste good if you put enough chocolate BC on it.

7 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:00am
post #2 of 8

I hope you are going to taste test and let us know the results! You just may have invented a new HIT!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:22am
post #3 of 8

Hey, this could be the new rage! Definitely let us know! And I TOTALLY agree about your chocolate theory!

BEF72M Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BEF72M Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:28am
post #4 of 8

They just came out of the oven and they're actually pretty good! I can't taste the paprika at all. DH ate one, and he couldn't tell either. Even if they had turned out totally gross, the laugh I got out of this was worth it! And I learned that I need to actually read the labels on my spices too instead of just grabbing things. icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:29am
post #5 of 8

I make a chocolate cake with cayenne and cinnamon that rocks, has a cream cheese filling for balance--so I think your paprika pumpkin cakes will be awesome.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 8

I'm glad it wasn't a loss! That can be frustrating!

Pastelitoz4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastelitoz4u Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 8

I'm sure they will love your cupcakes......You watch they are going to go Fassssssssssst. icon_lol.gif And as you watch them go, you will snicker inside and say to yourself... icon_evil.gif ....If they only knew they have paprika. jijijiji

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 9:04pm
post #8 of 8

Yippy! Another disaster avoided!!!!!!!!! I'm sure glad they turned out OK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%