Pricing

Baking By ktweety07 Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 12:55pm by Prudence

ktweety07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktweety07 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 7

I am asking for some help. I am not sure what the going rate is to charge for cookies by the dozen. What is everybody charging?
thanks
Kris

6 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 7

It all depends, have you used the search feature?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 7

Give us some add'l info....where are you located? what kind of cookies (drop cookies like choc chip? or cut-out-iced cookies?) how big are they? packaged individually or bulk packed?

ktweety07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktweety07 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 7

I am in Kansas. They are sugar decorated cookies for halloween. i have used the search and came up with nothing. I am going to the local walmart after work and see what they price

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 9:02pm
post #5 of 7

Kansas is a pretty big state, but I found there are 2 Cookies by Design in your area .... Overland Park and Wichita. http://www.cookiesbydesign.com/shoppelocator.aspx

You might check out their website for price comparing, too. Grocery store bakeries are not a good comparison.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:39pm
post #6 of 7

I did Halloween cookies. I used large cookie cutters, about 4-5 inches.
I decorted with royal icing, sanding suars, and lustre dust. I charged $3 a single cookie, $15 a 1/2 dozen. I sold 3 dozen and 5 singles. The people that bought them (at work) didn't blink an eye at the price. For regular sized cookies, about 2-3 inches I charge $10 for 1/2 dozen and $18 for a dozen. I sell them for $1.50 to $2 each. I sell quite a few at the Holidays. I am located here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Hope this helps you out. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:55pm
post #7 of 7

ALVARGA's pricing is right on. And I agree with indydebi, don't go to Wally World for your pricing... Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%