Do You Believe This???? Longish Story But I Need To Vent.

Lounge By kimmypooh79 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 10:31pm by kimmypooh79

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:30pm
post #31 of 39

I wouldn't send a gift, I would however, send a nice wedding card - I know most stores carry the .99 ones that look nice. I don't speak to my family much and after last year of having miserable thanksgiving dinner with people that I don't have anything in common with, My husband and I decided to have our own celebrations at home, with friends. You can't pick your family, but you can always pick your friends. Spend time with them instead of a family that doesn't deserve your time.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:08pm
post #32 of 39

What does your dh think about it now that you know that you two were singled out and the only ones not invited? Are you sure that this is on you, and not that HE did something to estrange them at some point? I find it really hard to believe that grown adults would not invite you because you got your GED. But, people never stop amazing me with their hate and stupidity, so maybe so.....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

I find it really hard to believe that grown adults would not invite you because you got your GED......

Unfortunately, there ARE people out there who think this way.

My mother in law got her GED and my husband tells me it's harder to pass than standard high school tests. We view a GED grad as someone who worked harder and is smarter than a "regular" high school grad! thumbs_up.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:43pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

I find it really hard to believe that grown adults would not invite you because you got your GED......

Unfortunately, there ARE people out there who think this way.

My former SIL who was a HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE, use to contantly bring up the fact that she was as HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE. She kept her diploma on the mantal so everyone could see it. She did this because my brother dropped out of High school when our parent got divorced -she felt that she was so much better than everyone in my family because of this. Thank goodness she is the Former SIL now.
I guess some people just need to tear down others just to feel better about themselves.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:04pm
post #35 of 39
Quote:

I find it really hard to believe that grown adults would not invite you because you got your GED.

Well he said that he doesn't care that we weren't invited and laughed at their stupidity. You wouldn't believe some of the crap that DHs DD and stepmother pulled to prevent our marriage. They...you could say staged an intervention, we weren't allowed to show affection in their home, we weren't allowed to sleep in the same bed anymore (even though they had allowed this before with us and other couples), and said they wouldn't come to the wedding if we didn't change the date (b/c other members couldn't use their frequent flyer miles....don't worry we didn't change it). The LOWEST thing they did........DH had a female friend named Jamie, who was also in college, who he hung out with and took to functions I couldn't make it to. In the years they had known each other they'd never dated, they had discussed it but had decided they weren't a good fit. Anyway, he was in college about an hour and a half away and was set to graduate in a week. Stepmom and DD invite him over but when he gets there they leave and Jamie shows up to spill her guts about feelings she'd had for him and how much she cares about him....blah blah blah....she cries, he turns her down, she tries again a week later, same result. She said that she liked me but had to try. I don't really blame her but they shouldn't have pulled her into this. She's now one of my myspace friends and we still talk.
So.....I've never been anything but nice to them. The first time they met me I was told that they hadn't seen DH that happy in a long time, over the past 7 years DH has distanced himself from them b/c of their treatment of me. Only over the past 9 months have his DD and stepmom starting working on that because of some words DH had for them. But....stepmom keeps asking when I'm going to get a degree and says I'm wasting my time on cakes that I need to do something that will make me money. I just want to do something that makes me happy. DH supports that as long as we can pay the bills. I really am lucky I found him....sometimes I forget just how lucky I am. I'd like to be the first in my family to get a degree but I'm not going to do it just to satisfy them.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 5:45pm
post #36 of 39

Holy mother of God! That family is as crazy as mine!

My family blames DH for me distancing myself from them, but honestly, he is the only reason that I haven't cut them out of my life altogether. This all came out as my drunk mom started a screaming argument with me while I was in labor with DD. icon_eek.gif

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 7:55pm
post #37 of 39

Education is no way a measurement of class nor graciousness. I have met quite a few highly educated people who were without common sense and grace. I have also met quite a few "lower" educated people who were wise beyond words and had the ability to make you feel at home.

Personally, I don't care if you are an aristocrat, a ditch digger or whatever you are. If you are a good person with high morals and try and live a good and honest life, I will take you over a PHD who thinks they are better than everyone else because of their education.

Don't spend your hard earned money on a couple of ingrates who won't even acknowledge your existence. Go out and have a lovely date with your very smart husband! Don't allow someone else to dictate how you should live or act in this life.

Wish the couple and his family the best in life if you see them. Think not a bad thought about them. Pity them because they don't have the love and support you have nor the graciousness.

And don't EVEN get me started on the weight issue!!!SHAME ON THEM!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 9:18pm
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmypooh79

....stepmom keeps asking when I'm going to get a degree and says I'm wasting my time on cakes that I need to do something that will make me money.

You might introduce her to Duff Goldman sometime! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyellam

Education is no way a measurement of class nor graciousness. I have met quite a few highly educated people who were without common sense and grace. I have also met quite a few "lower" educated people who were wise beyond words and had the ability to make you feel at home.

Personally, I don't care if you are an aristocrat, a ditch digger or whatever you are. If you are a good person with high morals and try and live a good and honest life, I will take you over a PHD who thinks they are better than everyone else because of their education.

So many wise people on CC! Another "perfectly said" post! thumbs_up.gif

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 10:31pm
post #39 of 39

LOL...I had a thought....I could donate $1 in their name to a charity that collects through the grocery stores and hangs your name on the window, take a picture and mail it to them with a card wishing them
all the happiness they deserve. LOL

Nah...that would be mean. I'll send them a nice card. I won't stoop.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%