Na Na Na Na Na Naaaa Na Na Na Na Na I Went To An Auction!

Business By Cakenicing4u Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 1:01am by kathy777

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:17am
post #1 of 38

Can you hear that new song from Pink... So What?
Na na na naa na na na na na na na na
I guess I just stole their shirts off
I don't know why they sold.

I'm going to take my stuff and open my very own shop
I don't know why my boss quit, but i'm going to give it a try...

And so on...

icon_wink.gif So what? You fired me, and now i'm going to make money!

So... after all that, you have to be wondering what I got at the auction!!

Egads... icon_surprised.gif I have no idea where I'm going to put all of it... but when you see the total I think you'll know why I bought it all! All used and working!!

2 Cash Registers
1 32ozx1/4 oz scale
1 HOBART MIXER 30qt with bowl, paddle and hook (needs a whip) icon_wink.gif
1 8' table Stainless with a built in sink on one end and a 6" shelf on top
1 4' stainless table with a lower shelf icon_biggrin.gif
1 3" thick Maple top table 30"x4' with a drawer and a lower shelf icon_razz.gif
1 2 bay LARGE stainless sink with wing on the end icon_wink.gif
1 glass display case with shelves icon_smile.gif
48 used full sheet pans icon_lol.gif
2 bakers (18space) racks icon_biggrin.gif
1 4' table with a built in fridge with two doors below the table icon_razz.gif
And a frivolous purchase of a arcade game-- FROGGER!!! icon_razz.gif

I think that's all of it...

icon_razz.gif $1500 with tax and buyers fee... icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

37 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:21am
post #2 of 38

You gotta be kidding me!!! You got a great deal!! Congrats & enjoy!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:28am
post #3 of 38

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif My gosh, the mixer alone would have been a deal at that price! good job!!!!!

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:28am
post #4 of 38

*sniff sniff* Thats not fair...I want a deal like that icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Congrats though lol

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:32am
post #5 of 38

I'm sad to say I have no idea what the value of all that is, but it sounds like a great deal. Good for you!!!! You're so lucky to have that opportunity. Good Luck!!!

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:36am
post #6 of 38

Excellent deal (and I am SUPER jealous on the Frogger arcade game!!!)

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:43am
post #7 of 38

Wow.....good for you.......the mixer alone is a prize...

Good luck on your new venture......

Cakenicing4u Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:46am
post #8 of 38

It actually got to the point that you felt bad for the guy that was selling... he lost his shirt, his pants and his underwear in the auction today!! I don't know what everyone else was thinking.. but I know I 'stole' all the things I wanted!!

An Oven, A freezer and a few fridges, and I'm ready to roll!!

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:54am
post #9 of 38

awesome deal.. congrats!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:34am
post #10 of 38

Golly, so you barely paid for the Hobart at auction prices and got the rest for "free"--way to go thumbs_up.gif

Rae

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:47am
post #11 of 38

So, 2 things for you 1. congrats on your GREAT deal and 2. THANKS for getting that darn song Back in my head!!! LOL!! Good luck to you!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:56am
post #12 of 38

Wow, you really did well. What fantastic deals! Congratulations on your future shop. It sounds like you are off to a great start.

Enjoy all your new stuff.

-Debbie B.

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 7:05am
post #13 of 38

One thing you're going to learn quick... Auctions are your friend.. MOST of the time... I've gotten some GREAT deals when I've gone to auctions, the thing you have to know is what the "used equipment market" is for that particular item along with whether or not you even can use certain things.

I got my Hobart Commercial Convection oven for $145 at auction, hand sink for $30.. Hobart 20 for $300... Also learning a good poker face is vital while at auctions... Hence, how I got the oven LOL (I kept the face on like "I don't need to purchase this I'm just running you up"...)..

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:46pm
post #14 of 38

Way to go, girl!!

So glad you decided to take the plunge. Let me know when you open shop so I can come down and play that game!!

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:53pm
post #15 of 38

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif WOW!! That's all I gotta say!! (with a twinge of jealousy)

Congrats and You go girl!!! thumbs_up.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:19pm
post #16 of 38

I

HATE

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif :p icon_cry.gif

That's awesome.. I need to find me an auction. Though I don't know what I'd do with a 30 qt Hobart other than sit on it while it's mixing. icon_wink.gif That's more mixer than I need right now, but for THAT price.. hell.. I'd take it!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:19pm
post #17 of 38

Where are you in PA Cake? I'm such a dork, the thing I envy most is the Frogger game!!

Congrats on the great deal. Poor auction guy's gonna be walking around naked now.....

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:28pm
post #18 of 38

Dude! Look over your shoulders as the cops are bound to start knocking on your door for the stolen goods...

Congrats on an amazing steal!

Atomikjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Atomikjen Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:35pm
post #19 of 38

color me jealous

you can use wilton or americolors if you want icon_wink.gif

great deal!

CONGRATULATIONS!

can I live vicariously through you? =D

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:18pm
post #20 of 38

Ughhhhhhhhh,

::KNIFE TO THE HEART::

:JESS FALLS DOWN IN SEVERE PAIN:: icon_cry.gif

See what you did..... hehe. icon_lol.gif

Good for you, wanna be my bestest friend???

Jessica icon_smile.gif

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 6:18pm
post #21 of 38

That's what I was thinking....I need to find an auction!!

WOOOOOWWWWW!!! That's awesome for you!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:12pm
post #22 of 38

I just knew when I got to the bottom of the OP that the total would be about $8000! What an amazing deal for $1500! Unbelievable......

Cakenicing4u Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:13pm
post #23 of 38

Thanks everyone... I'm still reeling from my steals!!

I'm in Berks County, PA near Reading... the place i'm setting up is kinda on the outskirts...

My next big step is to run up and pick up the rest of the stuff, and see if I can work out any deals on what was left after the auction-- like the coolers, an extra bowl, extra paddles, whips etc... I'll see what's left and see if there's anything good, but I'll bet that the price is double what it was at the auction!!

Na na na na na naaa na na na na na!!!!

And the realtor called me today and said that the owners of the building agreed to honor the deal that they offered me before they hired the realtor which saves me $200 a month! And i'm the only one to look at the building so far! I know that they want me in the building and I'm happy that they are working for me!

The business counselor said -- way to go! You just secured the collateral you need for the bank loan! You did GOOD on the business end of it-- now make a list and put values on it.. not what you paid for it, but what it's worth if you had to replace it. =P icon_lol.gif

and then the bank called and said where are you? we had a 1030 meeting... and I said no, I have a thursday 1030 meeting!! Egads, so I took a quick lunch and ran across the street to the bank, and boy oh boy did i get a good vibe from them! They have SBA forms printed out for me to look at on Thursday when we meet again... they think that it was their mistake, not mine!

icon_lol.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:34pm
post #24 of 38

wow!!! that's amazing!...it just shows you can do it on a shoestring.

my 30 qt mixer cost me more than all your stuff combined.

you will love the 30 quart mixer on those busy saturdays....only takes me 2-3 loads of icing to get thru the whole day!

congrats!

Cakenicing4u Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 11:24pm
post #25 of 38

Ha ha I know what you mean.... it's the right size for a small bakery with a small oven! I had called my boss and said ?How much would YOU spend on it? and she said easily-- $1000..... I said OK, gulped and hung on... when it went up and I got it for 300, I called her back as I DANCED away from the crowd and called her and said "I got it for 300!! I'm not lying but I gotta go.." and hung up on her... then went back and bought two tables in rapid succession... and with something like 80 tables up for grabs... I was in no real hurry-- and spent no more than 100 on any one table!

I'm still flying high!! Can't wait to go back and get my stuff, and then I'm going to make my sister a cake for letting me borrow her garage for a few weeks!!!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:26am
post #26 of 38

i actually spent 1800.00 and 300...just for the extra bowl!

YOU STOLE IT!

i'm happy for you!

i got it set right next to a stainless steel table...that way i can dip out the batter, without having to take the bowl off...just take it directly outta the bowl on the floor.

i can do 20 mixes in it...if you go that way.

and for cookie dough...boy one big batch and you're good to go....it lasts forever.

Cakenicing4u Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 12:45am
post #27 of 38

oh ya... I wanted to tell ya... we found the auction on AUCTIONZIP.com I had that page bookmarked but wasn't aggressively checking it... and one of the wholesalers mentioned it, and I ran with it!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:59am
post #28 of 38

Your so lucky. No one even can go to auctions within 50 or miles of where I'm at. There is an old guy on oxygen that comes in and buys everything and will out bid anyone for the sake of outbidding them. He owns a restaurant supply business in town. The next day that same item will be there marked 3x or higher than what it was at auction. No one can stand him. He makes it a point to make those who are struggling and trying to get deals for their business not able to so they have to come to his restaurant supply business. He even goes to auctions on houses with other people. He covers as much ground as he can with his staff, just in case someone might have a commercial item for sale at their house.

You got one sweet deal! Congrats.

Cakenicing4u Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 6:08pm
post #29 of 38

well, there were over 600 pieces in the auction, so I think that those guys bought the really good stuff-- like a butcher that sells meat cutting equip bought everything in that category... but with 600 pieces, sooner or later everyone slowed down on the buying!! I still can't believe it!

DerrellC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DerrellC Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 3:31am
post #30 of 38

Hi Mkolmar, find out what that guy drives, and on auction days would it be possible for him to wake up with two flat tires???? JUST A THOUGHT !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%