Airbrush

Decorating By momma28 Updated 19 Jun 2014 , 3:36pm by 2txmedics

mike83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mike83 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 8:53pm
post #151 of 155

As an update, I just received an email back from badger about the airbrush I received from my friend. Suprisingly after asking about a replacement airbrush they sent me step by step instructions to taking apart, cleaning, and reassembling the airbrush for use on cakes even after being used for nail decorting. I would have thought they would want to make more money by selling me a new airbrush. So my advice for anyone who has a used airbrush would be to contact the manufacturer on possible cleaning before buying anything new. icon_smile.gif

Mrs_O Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_O Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 9:06pm
post #152 of 155

Hello. I just received my Aztek a4709 and my compressor. I got the 40 PSI from harbour freight that everyone in talking about. This is supposed to connect with no other adapter but for some reason I am having trouble. I cant figure out what attaches to the airbrush. It doesnt want to press on OR screw on. Maybe I am just doing something wrong here. Airbrush newbie needs help asap PLEASE!

Airbrushnewbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Airbrushnewbee Posted 14 Feb 2013 , 11:23pm
post #153 of 155

AHi all.i live in dubai and I am planning on buying an airbrush system.i found something for 59 $ on uscakesupply.com they have low cost stuff... I have no idea about anything at all.to save on the delivery charges I am ordering it while my bro is still in usa.n I have less than a weeks time to decide what I should go for.please h3lp me.something convinient not v3ry expensive. If anything goes wrong returning it would b3 abigger task.keeping this is mind please help m3 buy one.thanks you all

akaivyleaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akaivyleaf Posted 18 Jun 2014 , 4:34pm
post #154 of 155

I just want to add my thanks to to this thread.  Though it is old it has been most helpful and confirmed my decision to purchase an airbrush and compressor.  I went with the Harbor Freight Central Pneumatic oilless airbrush compressor and it works perfectly for my airbrush.  I went with the Iwata brand purchased from my local art supply store.  Not a lot of noise with the compressor, it fills to the desired PSI, cuts off and holds it position quite well without kicking back on.

Now to get more practice - I see some free cakes in my friend's futures. :)

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 19 Jun 2014 , 3:36pm
post #155 of 155

This is the one I have and I was very new to airbrushing and cakes, but I love mine!!!! I use the pen in the middle I believe its the G22 alot....I find it easy to work with and this is where I got it also:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/itemdetail_AB.aspx?itemno=ABD+KIT-SP7B-20

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%