Wasc - How Can I Give The A Marble Effect?

Decorating By born2bake Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 1:20am by born2bake

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 8

I want to make this cake so I can use it for a cake I want to carve, but I want to marble it. How would I go about doing this? I have on hand Baker's Unsweetend chocolate squares, Ghiradeli unsweetend cocoa powder and about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Can I use anyone of these to mix with the cake batter to get the chocolate part to marble this cake?

TIA!

B2B

7 replies
Winter1979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winter1979 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:03am
post #2 of 8

I take out a little bit of the batter and stir in 2-4 Tablespoons of cocoa powder depending on how much batter you have and how chocolatey you want it. I then pour a little bit of the white batter in the pan, put the chocolate batter in a large ziploc bag, cut off the end and put a few lines of it in the white batter. I then take a knife and run it through the chocolate to get a marbled effect. I then put more white batter on top so the pan is half full and repeat with the chocolate (marbling again).

HTH

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:05am
post #3 of 8

Yes...make the cake as you normally would, then take some of the batter out and place in another bowl. Put the regular batter in the baking pans. Then add the chocolate (I would use cocoa) to the separated batter to make the chocolate. Then dollop the chocolate into the pans and swirl with a knife.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:06am
post #4 of 8

I do it the same way but I just drop spoonfulls of the choc batter, I dont use a bag.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:11am
post #5 of 8

I use fiddlesticks method. Just dropping dollops in works fine. Take the broad side of your knife and run it through.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:15am
post #6 of 8

Yep what they said icon_smile.gif There should be no problem w/it.

Often I just used Unsweetened cocoa powder mixed w/some salad oil to a thick mud and use that instead of using batter. This make a very intense choco particon_smile.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 12:15am
post #7 of 8

I split the recipe in half and make one with white mix and one chocolate mix. Then dollop and run a knife through.

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:20am
post #8 of 8

WOW! Thank you all for the feedback and more so for the quick response. I'm making this cake tomorrow but don't think I mentioned I needed guidance 'asap'. Anywhooo . . . I will take all your advice and use it well. I plan on submitting a cake for the contest on CC. My first time making WASC and first time carving a cake . . . I'm a bit nervous.

Kakeladi - I'm using the WASC recipe you posted on here as I hear all rave reviews about it. I'm looking forward to trying this.

Again, thank you all!

B2B

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%