Rbc Question

Baking By Newatdecorating Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 7:42pm by Newatdecorating

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 11

I wanted to find out a good way for RBC to be layered. If you look at this picture you will see what I am talking about. I used RBC on these cookies. I cut out a smaller RCB heart and placed in the center of the cookies that are on the top row. I used corn syrup for glue, but had an issue with the heart sliding off. Is there a better way of doing it?

10 replies
LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 11

I can't see the picture you are talking about. icon_cry.gif

Newatdecorating Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 11

Good grief! I forgot to attach the link.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1188710

Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know.

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 11

New, you're the expert of RBC in my book, but wondering if RI would be a better glue?

LoriMc Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 11

I can't see the picture you are talking about. icon_cry.gif

LoriMc Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 11

Sorry it double posted me!

I'm suprised that corn syrup didn't hold that heart on. I have layered before, and honestly I usually just use my finger to apply pressure to the RBC. It kind of sinks into the first layer, but I could see how that could distort the shape of the heart.

I think attaching it with royal would be a good idea if corn syrup isn't working.

tricia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tricia Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:23am
post #7 of 11

I sometimes cut the small heart out of the middle then put in my cut out with corn syrup..then there will be no sliding off the cookie because it will be attached to the cookie.
Does this make sense to you??

Newatdecorating Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:11pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks shiney! That compliment coming from a person who has a great talent for creativity and decorating!

I know more now than when I started, but still have a lot to learn.

Tricia - That does make sense.

Thank you all for your suggestions! Now to find the time to try what I am thinking about!

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:00pm
post #9 of 11

Tricia: From some of your valentine cookies, you have RBC heart, with heart cutout in the middle, then put another color of RBC in the cutout, right? Love the effect!
New, Thank you for the kind words, without you and several major talents here on CC, I'd still be smilie-facing and tuliping my way through bouquets! BTW: How long do you keep RBC refrigerated or frozen? I'm doing a big Down Syndrom fundraiser soon, want to get myself organized!

LoriMc Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:53pm
post #10 of 11

I have frozen it for a month and it was still good. Just make sure it is sealed really well. I actually think it freezes better than icing.

Newatdecorating Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:42pm
post #11 of 11

I keep mine in the frig for a few days. Other than that, it's off to the freezer. I wrap it in the press and seal wrap and then put it in a freezer bag. I've kept it in the freezer for several months and it was still good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%