Yummy Recipe

Decorating By mjones17 Updated 20 Aug 2005 , 6:09pm by mjones17

mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 3

I don't know if anyone gets the quick cooking magazine but I got it Sat. and mde this yummy recipe from it. I adjusted it a little. Anyways here it is:
Triple-Teir Brownies
--------------------------------
-1 package fudge brownie mix (I used double fudge...cant ever have enough fudge)
-1 package milk chocolate chips (I used the new milk chocolate peanutbuter swirl chips)
-1 cup peanutbutter
-3 cups rice cereal
-1 can cream cheese frosting (I had just made a cake using the crusting cream cheese frosting and I had a ton left so that is what I used which I am sure tasted much better than canned)
-1 cup salted peanuts, chopped (I don't like nuts so I omitted this)
Prepare and bake brownie mix in a greased 9x13 pan according to package directions. Cool on a whire rack. In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and peanutbutter. (I reserved a half cup of the chips to mix in with the ream cheese frosting) Cook over low heat 4-5 minutes or until well blended, stirring ocasionally. Stir in cereal and set aside.
Mix the 1/2 cup reserved chips in the frosting and spread over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread with peanutbutter mixture. Chill for 30 minutes or until set before cutting. Store in the fridge.

2 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 15 Aug 2005 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 3

Thanks! That sounds yummy!

Debbie

mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 20 Aug 2005 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 3

Ok, I made this a 2nd time and was being lazy and used canned cream cheese frosting (the one that uses real butter) and it was NASTY!!!! I recommend using the crusting cream cheese recipe from here if you are going to make this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%