50Th Gator Cake

Decorating By angelmschf Updated 26 Oct 2008 , 7:10pm by gatorbear

angelmschf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelmschf Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 5

I have an order for an Over the Hill/Florida Gator cake...need some ideas. I thought about making the gator emblem & placing a gravestone in it's mouth but I just can't think of a quirky comment. Plus I am just blank on how else to decorate it to bring black into the orange & blue. Any ideas???

4 replies
cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 5

So the basics are:

Theme:"Over the Hill"/Florida Gators

Colors: black, grey, orange, & blue

Uhh, *scratching head* yeah, I'm stumped. I think the problem is that these two themes just don't go together, in any sense, shape, or fashion.

Try and consult with the customer who placed the order. Are they dead-set on fusing these two themes together, or would they be willing to let one go in the name of decent and sane cake design? Try to remind them that either of these themes, done independently, could be show-stoppers. Together, though, they may wind up more of a trainwreck.

Sorry if I sound a bit pessimistic, LOL. All the best of luck.

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 5

This is a tough cake theme, but it can be done. I have seen enough cakes on CC to know that ANYTHING is possible.

I like your idea of tombstone in the jaws - some sayings I can think of for the cake coule be:
1) Jaws of life
2) Face life head on!
3) Rather die a Gator than live as an [OPPONENT]

Or you could do a Gator going over a hill, literally. Or draw a line down the middle of the cake and decorate the two themes separately on each half.

Good luck - I hope this helps!

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:51am
post #4 of 5

I agree with piper.....

My first thought was using a "barbie doll" pan as the hill and creating a fondant gator going over the hill. There could be gravestones on the other side.

Depending on how much cake you need this could be stacked on another cake.

Good Luck

gatorbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gatorbear Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 5

Maybe make a gator with a beard and a cane going over the hill? Just a thought.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%