New Contest Idea For Winners / Losers Of Throwdowns

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 24 Dec 2008 , 3:38am by kansaswolf

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 14

It came to me today that we should have a contest with all the Throwdown Winners and/or Losers of 2008. Hereâs how it would work.

1. Each of the TD winners in 2008 will compete against each other in January as the Ultimate Throwdowner.

2. Each TD winner will submit one (1) idea for a theme.

3. The person hosting the TD will add a poll with all the ideas and the audience will have 3 days to vote on the theme they would like the contestants to do.

4. The TD will begin on January 1, 2009 and the contestants will have until 3 pm on January 24, 2009 to submit their 3 photos for judging.
We could also run concurrently a contest for all the 2008 TD Losers. It would work the same way as above.

So, what do you sayâ¦.should we have something like this? I personally think it would be fun if all the 2008 TD Winners/Losers are up for it.

Iâll make this a poll and have it run for 14 days so it is easier to see what everyone wants to do.

13 replies
snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 14

Vicki, Great idea! One question, many of the winners have lost subsequent TDs. Would they still fit in the 'winner' category?

Glad to see someone promoting contests as actively as you do. Its a great way for us to push our skills.

Trixyinaz Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 14

Thanks Steph! I love doing this and organizing things. Absolutely! It would be the winner of each TD that was thrown in 2008. So if you were the winner in January, but lost in February, you'd still be a winner. Hey, but then you'd also be a loser....didn't think that far ahead icon_lol.gif

So if that is the case, I'd say that person could only participate in the 2008 Winner's TD. Thoughts?

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 14

Yep - I assumed that is what you meant. I think its a great idea and look forward to seeing all the amazing cakes. Again, thanks for offering to host!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:27am
post #5 of 14

I think this is a great idea but the only thing I'm wondering about is skill level. The TD's have been done with people having the same skill or close to the same skill level. How would you work around that. Perhaps you could have categories like in the State Fairs or something and do these contest within each category??? Just a thought! Good luck to all of those who will be participating and please let me know if I can do anything to help!

icon_biggrin.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 12:40am
post #6 of 14

Good point Parm! I didn't think of Skill level. Your idea would work. Would they be beginners, intermediate and advanced?

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:09am
post #7 of 14

That's what I was thinking!!

I've never been to a cake competition so I don't know if there are any other categories that might be suitable as well. This will be very exciting either way!

Thanks for starting this!

Trixyinaz Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:13am
post #8 of 14

I started a list of all the TD winners in 2008. WGoat went missing so I'm not sure if she'll participate. I need to see about the others, but regardless, everyone that won a TD will get a PM from me asking them. I hope they take the challenge.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 5:37pm
post #9 of 14

how 'bout like the playoffs? I mean no offense to anyone...but like winners have a playoff....the ones who didn't win(but definitely not losers) have a playoff then..they have a SUPERBOWL (of sorts) where the winner of the winners plays the winner of the "losers".

Trixyinaz Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 6:36pm
post #10 of 14

Love that Idea....

Okay, so we would have 2 contests running concurrently in January (or do we do this in December) - one contest with all the winners and one contest with all the losers.

Then in February (or January depending on what is decided), we would have the SUPERTHROWDOWN where the winner of the winners and the winner of the losers battle it out for the Championship.

Did I understand that right? What should we do about skill level?

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 1:55am
post #11 of 14

I hope this is the correct thread for this question: sorry if there's a thread that answered this already...

How would I go about getting in on a throwdown? Do you have to wait to be challenged? Is it monthly?
I'm new to this idea, but it sounds very exciting... icon_biggrin.gif

thanks for any info. icon_smile.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 2:41am
post #12 of 14

is this going to happen..... i would love to participate!!!

Trixyinaz Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 3:22am
post #13 of 14

Hey Lesley -

I don't see why not. I haven't had time to get a list together of all the winner's and loser's. Actually I did at one point, but lost the list and haven't found the time to re-do it. I won't be able to participate, but would be willing to help upload the photos for voting.

And, we'd have to wait until January to see who wins all the Dec. TD's. I could use some help getting this off the ground if anyone would like to help.

Thanks!

Vicki

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 24 Dec 2008 , 3:38am
post #14 of 14

I'm so excited!!! Can't WAIT to see what the theme will be... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%