My Real "ghost" Story.

Lounge By Melvira Updated 1 Jan 2009 , 3:58am by indydebi

redhare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redhare Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #31 of 68

WOW that is TRULEY amazing!
I totally believe in that stuff I have a couple of stories...

One is I my uncle passed away while I was out of town and instead of coming back to town for the funeral we stayed where we were b/c on our way back we were going to stop and visit my brother who was having his miltary training that I hadn't seen in months and my mom thought it was best I see him so that he wasn't alone at this time. I was so upset I had literally made myself sick. Once I got back to town I did go pay my respects but still was just so upset. My uncle came to me in a dream (back story my uncle died suddenly he was only in his 30's had a blood clot in his leg break loose and go straight to his lungs so he died in the car on the way to the hospital as my aunt drove him). In the dream my mom, aunt, myself and uncle were in my mom's kitchen talking but no one seemed to be talking to my uncle or even acknowledging him and he came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder and said to me "tell her I love her and tell her it didn't hurt please tell her"
That was the first time (in my adult life) that anything had like that had happened to me. and let me just say WOW

Then My grandpa passed away when I was just a few weeks pregnant w/ my son (at the time didn't know it was a boy but for conversation sake we'll say it that way)... My daughter was only 8 months old at the time and I was VERY VERY close w/ my grandfather. After spending the entire day picking out all the funeral arrangements I had came home and laid my daugher on her changing table and went to change her diaper she started STARRING into a corner of her room that didn't have any activity going on (the corner where her closet door and window met) and just started LAUGHING I started talking to her trying to get my daughters attention and she wouldn't look at me at all I knelt down to her level and said her name and she would NOT look at me and was just smiling the biggest smile of her life I swear to you. I finally looked at her and said is grandpa talking to you and she looked and me and grinned back at me. I knelt to the floor shaking and crying so happy b/c I knew then that he'd always be w/ her to watch her and he stayed in our house for months and months it even got to where I would see him in the house he stayed once my son was born (whom we named after my grandpa). I can tell you the precise moment when my grandpa left my house and I kick myself everyday for it b/c it's my fault that he's gone and I hate it!
I was giving my daughter a bath who was now a toddler and my newborn son was asleep and I didn't want to wake him so I left him in the living room (across the house) which is something I wouldn't normally do I normally would put him in the room w/ us b/c my husband wasn't home. Well I was washing my daughter and I saw a man walk by our bathroom w/ my peripheral vision and how the bathroom is situated there isn't a way for you to get shadows (its in hallway no windows etc) and since my husband wasn't home and my son was across the house is SCARED the CRAP out of me thinking that someone had gotten in the house. SO I hurried and got my daughter out of the tub and literally RAN to check on my son b/c it didn't look like a shadow it looked like a MAN and of course once I ck'd on the kids I scoped the house and NOTHING it was empty I KNEW who it was and I started talking to my grandpa saying sorry b/c I couldn't find him which was weird b/c he was always around when my dh wasn't home. Well, he walked by the living room one last time once my dh got home I think that was to say goodbye b/c he hasn't be back since and my son is now 3 and I hate it and miss him so much...
Those are just a couple of my stories but my most compelling ones. I do truley believe and I don't think it's all the scary stuff that they show on tv.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:01pm
post #32 of 68

Awesome Connie! Thank you for sharing your experiences!

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:40pm
post #33 of 68

i have a story my husband told me about,something that happened to him several yrs ago when he was still in high school. a friend of his, which was a girl, gave him a bracelet with his name on it (juan). he had it for a while but soon lost it. fast forward a couple of yrs,he's in college at the time, and he starts having these dreams of bond fires,cats,and his name being chanted,which wakes him up in the middle of the night. he wakes up and then again thinks he hears his name being called. he checks his mom,who would call him to get her a glass of water sometimes,but shes asleep.so he gets up and walks around and looks outside through the screen door,and see's a shadow across the street on the side walk. a black shadow that looked like the shape of a lady wearing a long dress and a floppy hat and carrying a big bag. he strains his eyes to getting a better look,but thats all can see is the shadow or outline of her. well this happens several times over a few months,but he is to scared to go out side and see who or what that shadow is.his brother in law tells him to go see a priest and his brothers tell him he's been watching to many scary movies. well one day while he was in class at college,this old lady walked in the class and went up to him and told him in spanish,"you are juan?" he said "yes",and she held out her hand to give him something,so he put his hand out and she put something into his hand and closed his hand into a fist.she told him "dont lose this again" and walked away. it was the bracelet he had lost in high school with his name on it!! after he saw what it was, he realized that the old lady was wearing a long dress and a hat and carried a bag with her,so he went running down the stairs to catch up with her,but she was gone!

jessienj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessienj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:30pm
post #34 of 68

I have a story too. Back in '99, I was really emotionally down. I really had no reason to be but I couldn't shake this feeling of dread or losing someone really close to me. Then my dad and I had a fall out over something silly and he wouldn't speak to me. Before this had happened, we had planned to go to Italy. He then changed our plans to go to California instead because he wanted to visit my sisters. After our fall out, my feelings of dread got really bad and I no longer wanted to go on this vacation. I begged my siblings to get me out of it, and they either wouldn't or couldn't help me. I just had a really bad feeling. Fast forward to the day we're set to leave and my dad still isn't speaking to me. He ignored me so bad that I almost turned back at the airport. Once in CA, my second night there my sis and I go out. We were coming back home real late and I noticed some really nasty skid marks on the road like there had been a car accident. I made a comment about it, then looked over her car and remarked how well she maintained it all these years.

The next day she wanted us to go to Disney as a surprise to the kids. I recall not being thrilled but ok with it. The next morning I just stalled like I wasn't in the mood - as did my dad. Then I buckled the kids in and I started to get in myself. I was making my way to the front seat thinking my dad would want to sit with the grandkids, but he beat me to the front. So I said ok guess not and sat behind my sister who was driving. We weren't on the road but 5 minutes. My sis wanted to make a turn but there was an SUV speeding in the opposite direction. We screamed at her to wait, so she hesitated and then hit the accelerator anyway because she felt like she could make it. That suv hit us right where my dad was sitting and sent us spinning. We lost my dad in that accident and by some miracle we didn't all go that day.

My feeling of dread and not wanting to go on this trip had been confirmed and it was all my family could say. They all kept commenting on how I didn't want to go and begged to get out of it - like I knew something bad was going to happen. The car we had the accident in was my sisters and we also left skid marks on the road. I really feel like I almost knew all along or like I had the pieces of the puzzle shown to me and it was a matter of putting it all together to know what was coming next.

My mom at the time lived in Florida and she swears that at the exact time we had our accident that she actually heard it happen. She was babysitting my nephew and all of a sudden she heard a loud crash and then he was crying unconsolably - which is not like him. She couldn't calm him. Soon after, she got the phone call as did the rest of my family.

After my dad died, I always felt him near me. I knew he was around because his presence always had a very calming effect, just like when he was alive. Even if I was angry, I wouldn't argue nor would anyone else. Then when I was house hunting, I only actually went to see one house. When I went inside, I felt my childhood come back to me. It was exactly like the house I used to love so much when I was little. Everything about it was the same and I swear he picked this house for me because it would remind me of the place where I had very fond memories. Once there, I used to get this eery feeling coming from my second floor bathroom. For whatever reason, it scared me. One night, I was washing my face in the sink and I felt someone grab my butt. I thought it was my boyfriend and turned around to clean my eyes and started laughing. When I opened my eyes, there was no one - not anyone was even on the second floor. I called him to see if he was toying with me and he was all the way in the kitchen - too far for him to have ran down. I asked him to come up while i finished up in the bathroom and told him what happened. Everyone thought I was joking. On another occassion, my boyfriend was taking a shower and he literally ran out of there soaking wet and butt naked. He started yelling at me and said to stop playing with the shower curtain because I scared him. No one had been in there but he insisted someone pulled the shower curtain open on him. On another night, I had lit my dad a candle and said a prayer for him. That night, my boyfriend woke up and saw my dad's reflection in my closet mirror. The next morning he said to me, hey guess who I saw last night? your dad. I even used to feel his scent in my car as I used to approach his grave. It was his scent and no one had it, so I knew it was him next to me or around me whenever I would come visit him at the cemetary.

I don't sense him around like I used to. I now only see him in my dreams when he is trying to tell me something. I also feel he has a hand in a lot of the things that happen to me. In life, he used to spoil me and anything I wanted was mine. Now whenever I really want something, by some miracle the opportunity literally comes to me and I have to remind myself that I asked for this and my angel up above was trying to please me.

The other thing that happened to me was when I was pregnant with my first born. I dreamed I was holding a baby boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. I didn't know I was having a boy, but from that dream I decided I was having a boy. When he was born, he looked exactly like the baby I dreamed I was holding. He was the apple of my daddy's eye and now that he is a teen, he is my dad's spitting image. One day after a mass we had in my dad's memory, my family all came up to my son in awe. He was dressed in a suit (much like my dad used to) and all they could do was stare. They all said it was like looking at my dad when he was younger - right down to the way he walked and his mannerisms. I take that as a huge compliment icon_smile.gif - my dad was the best.

Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:51pm
post #35 of 68

jessienj thank you so much for sharing. I'm so sorry to hear how that happened with your dad... it's a tragedy. I'm sure your sister felt a lot of blame on her shoulders after that. icon_sad.gif

jessienj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 4:51pm
post #36 of 68

Thanks Melvira. Unfortunately, she did not. She is mentally ill so it doesn't register or accept that she did anything wrong. If you ask her, the other driver was wrong and caused this. There was no point in pointing fingers since nothing will bring him back. I already lost my dad and wasn't about to lose my sister over this. I know she didn't do it on purpose and that's why they're called accidents. It was just a bad judgement call on her part and I love her so I forgive her. I just have never had the desire to go back there, and I learned to listen to my gut and never do anything my heart isnt totally ok with.

Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:15pm
post #37 of 68

You know, putting the blame on the other driver is what she had to do to be able to go on, and that's not unusual. I'm glad to hear that you value her in your life too much to do the finger pointing. Like you said, it won't bring him back. Life is too short to always try to place the blame!

jessienj Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #38 of 68

Perhaps. In a way, it comforts me to know that her illness blocks her ability to recognize what really happened. I certainly wouldn't want her tormented by it.
All I know is that my sister is the most generous and kindest person I know and she has always treated me like her own daughter than just a sister (she is 13 yrs older). Life is indeed too short. I know my dad would want it no other way.

Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:47pm
post #39 of 68

That is wonderful! I totally love your outlook! Good for you!!

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:00am
post #40 of 68

I'm a believer! I'm a believer!

Those pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing your story!!!

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:22pm
post #41 of 68

Wow Mel, that's beautiful.

Only thing I know for sure is that my grandma died in July of 92, and my mom was never supposed to have any kids, I was a shock (she had been in a horrible car accident at 10, not supposed to ever walk or have kids, she's done both), so when I ws 10, she started all these fertility treatments, nothing ever came of it, dr told her to give up, so she did.....then in dec of 94, she got prego, and they wound up having to induce her because my brother was late..........didnt take, she was in the hospital for a few days before he was born at 6am on Oct. 6th, her birthday. Grandma had this cactus, dont know why we had kept it, the thing had never ever bloomed. Well, that day it bloomed for the first time, and hasnt since. I dragged that plant up to the hospital to show her.

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:14pm
post #42 of 68

Chass!! That is awesome... my Mom had a peace Lily from my grandfather's funeral and it only ever bloomed twice... when each of my children were born! Three years apart, mind you! How does that happen?!?! It's just so cool! I am glad you had a smiliar experience. And I'm glad your momma became a momma!! thumbs_up.gif

chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:25pm
post #43 of 68

I'm very glad also, lol.

Thats neat about the peace lily. Reminds me of the Ann Landers column and her pennies from heaven...only I guess ours are blooms from heaven.

jessienj Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:57pm
post #44 of 68

I don't know that one "Ann Landers column". Care to share?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:54pm
post #45 of 68

Ann Landers column.. I havent heard that in yrs !
jessienj
She had an advice column in the news paper and people would write in and ask questions and she would post the answer ! It was very entertaining. I believe she also had a sister or twin sister who did the same thing . I cant think of her name right now ? Anyone ??

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:59pm
post #46 of 68

Her sister's name is Abigail Van Buren and she has the Dear Abby column, that still comes our in our paper daily. I don't know the pennies from heaven story though.

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:08pm
post #47 of 68

tracycakes Thanks! Yep Dear Abby !

chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm
post #48 of 68

It's the one on yahoo entertainment, it's updated every evening, it may be Dear Abby, there's also Dear Margo on there.

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:31pm
post #49 of 68

I never heard of Dear Margo.

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:45pm
post #50 of 68

Yah, I was gonna say, Abby and Ann were sisters. Imagine if you will, being the third adult child at that Thanksgiving table. You wanna talk about unwanted advice... hehehe. It makes me think of Ron White, the comedian... "My sister is a doctor, my brother is a lawyer, and I HATE Thanksgiving!" icon_lol.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #51 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

I never heard of Dear Margo.

Dear Margo -I believe is a daughter of either Abby or Ann. I can't remember which. She took over her mom's column.

jessienj Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:47pm
post #52 of 68

so what is the pennies from heaven story?

chassidyg Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:20pm
post #53 of 68

It's about people who have found pennies in a weird place, with a weird date, as a sign from up above. One person had found a shiny new penny with her mothers birth year a few years after she died, just little things that make you believe they are from up above and planted there.

http://news.yahoo.com/i/2680;_ylt=AjJYyGFJdiFUhFKsbzi10qxxFb8C

Hopefully the above will take you to Margo.

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:31pm
post #54 of 68

Thx Chass yes it did !

cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #55 of 68

Wow, I love reading all of these stories. I too am a true believer.
I have many of stories to tell. The one most dearest to me didn't really happen TO me, but I will share.
My dad passed away in Feb 2001. My first born son was just 3 months old. When I found out I was pregnant I was afraid to tell my dad because I thought he would be disappointed in me as I was not married and still lived at home (at the time). When he found out he was overjoyed. I remember him telling the priest that he should have been disappointed in me, but he was to happy to be disappointed. My son was born on a Sunday. The following Thursday my dad had a stroke and was in the hospital until he passed away.
About a year and a half after my dad passed away I had an old high school friend call me. We talked for a few minutes before she finally said "I have a reason for contacting you" I replied "What is that". She said I was wondering how your dad was doing. I guess she had not heard that he had passed away. So I told her. Then she told me that she had a dream of my dad the night before and that is why she had contacted me. She had a dream that my dad was sitting on our porch and his eyes were shining like light bulbs. My dad had lost his eye sight a few years before he passed. She said in her dream he was holding a baby girl with dark black hair and he told her "tell her this is for her".
About a month later I found out I was pregnant. Throughout my pregnancy I had 6 ultrasounds. At every one they could not tell me if I was having a boy or a girl. I knew. My husband kept saying it was a boy. Yup, I took pink clothes with me to the hospital. I had only a girl named picked out. When SHE was born she had a head full of black hair. Enough for me to put in a ponytail. So I have always believed that my dad picked her out for me.
My Savana is now 5 years old. I have a picture of my dad in her room and she talks to him all of the time. I was surprised one day when she was about 3 years old and she told me "I miss papa". That is what all of the grandkids always called my dad.

I have more stories to tell of things I have experienced myself. I will share more later as I have to go make breakfast for the little one.

Melvira Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #56 of 68

That is so awesome!! I literally have tears in my eyes!!!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 11:08pm
post #57 of 68

Cakemomof3 - I have chills - what a beautiful story.

I have a lot of weird dreams and I always make sure I tell them to other people if they are in them because you never know.

After my best friend's mom died, my friend asked me to speak about her mom at the funeral. I learned a lot from her and I compared her to Jiminy Cricket because it was like she was on my shoulder all time. After that, my friend seemed to have come across a ton of crickets in really weird places and at really weird times. We think those were pennies from heaven.

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:25am
post #58 of 68

cakemomof3, that was a really sweet story!

I really think kids are more open to it. My cousin died in a car accident, and about a year later my nephew (who was 3 at the time) used to talk to him all the time. When he was five, he drew a picture of 3 people and 3 little grey things. One of the little grey things had an M on it. We asked him what the picture meant, and he said that these were his friends that he saw when he went to school on the bus. So we asked him what the big M was for, and he said it was for Morgan. Dang, if he didn't make little tombstones... icon_surprised.gif

Melvira, I am so glad you started this thread, I love it!! I keep coming back to see some more thumbs_up.gif stories.

jessienj Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:13pm
post #59 of 68

A very dear friend of mine who is a Sensitive says children definitely have the ability to "see". He says we lose that or close ourselves off to it the older we get. We're too preocuppied to notice these things and you almost have to retrain yourself to be more open. Ever since then and after reading a book or two on similar subjects, I am more aware and have realized that signals or hints of what's to come have always been there but I wasn't paying attention - like the incident with my dad and our car accident. I always felt something really bad coming to me - I also felt a panic at the thought of going on this vacation. Then while on this vacation, the night before the accident I noticed the skid marks and it made me remark about my sisters car as well as comment that there must have been a bad accident where those marks were - all these were signs about what was going to happen. I guess a skeptic would say it was mere coincidence, but I believe otherwise.

My dear friend's advice to me was always to "be still" and you will see. I never quite understood what he meant. I understand now. I never realized how blind I was to many situations because I was too busy seeing what I wanted to see or believing what others wanted me to see and believe. Now that I have learned to take a step back and really see what's going on, who's who, and what's to come, I can come to a conclusion about what's next. I don't know if that's good or bad - I'm right on 95% of the time and when it's bad news I cringe and hope that I'm wrong about a situation especially when there is nothing I can do or very little to change it. My boyfriend still has a hard time believing me, and unfortunately he learns the hard way that when I give him advice he should follow it even if he doesn't really understand the why behind it. I feel like I should be wearing a t-shirt that reads "I Told You So" on it because that's what I'm always saying to him.

Melvira Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:47pm
post #60 of 68

Oh man Jessie, I know what you mean... if they'd just listen. People around me are getting comfortable with accepting "because Gram told me to" as the 'why'. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%