Hundred Dollar Bill With No Image Printer?

Decorating By CakeComeTrue Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 11:40pm by Baking_Booth

CakeComeTrue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeComeTrue Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 7

I have a cake that I need to make for the 8th of Nov, and she wants a cake that looks like a stack of hundred dollar bills or something with hundred dollar bills. I do not have an edible image printer and I can't seem to find one cheap enough to buy right now. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do? I'm not sure if I'm good enough to carve everything out of gumpaste. Help!!

6 replies
CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 7

You could do an FBCT (look at the tutorials here).

You can use food color cartridges on a regular (new) printer, you don't need a specialized printer. There are only a few companies that have these cartridges however, so you'll have to do some research.

You could paint one by hand if you're up to it. icon_biggrin.gif

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 7

It is unlawful to copy money. It must not be a photocopy and must not look like a real bill.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 7

What about a chocolate transfer??

I dont think that would be too bad, or unlawful if you made it abstract looking.

Start with your outline in a medium green, write your serial numbers, your oval, the outline of the person, the numbers, basically all of your writing in the medium green. Then just fill with a light green melted chocolate. It doesnt have to be exact, just pick out the key points and copy those, and for the ouline, just do a kind of profile.

Yell if you need more help with a CT.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:25pm
post #5 of 7

You can get edible images printed at your safeway, but I doubt they'd do money for you unless you're friends or something.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 7

You can also order an edible image online if you don't want to create the image yourself. I found this website
Hope this helps.

Baking_Booth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking_Booth Posted 18 Oct 2008 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 7

Instead of using a real looking bill try finding one online that looks a little more like a cartoon and see if a grocery store can make it for you. Sometimes the cartoon stuff looks better than the "real" thing on a cake anyway!

Quote by @%username% on %date%