Music While Decorating?

Decorating By SweetOccasionCakes Updated 17 Oct 2008 , 4:22pm by missmeg

SweetOccasionCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 9

Ok, so I have found that listening to some really upbeat music while I'm decorating my cakes makes me get really into it and do an even better job! I am even working on a list for my husband to make a cd for me! So, does anyone else do this?!?!?!

Amanda

8 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 9

Sports talk radio. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 9

I listen to Gospel music....also before i start decorating i ask God to anoint my hands and bless the cake!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 9

go to pandora on the internet...you can make your own radio station...IT'S SO COOL!

cous2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cous2010 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 9

I usually listen to Mr Bob Marley or some upbeat country. I have a little Ipod station that I set up in the kitchen so I can have all of my music icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:29am
post #6 of 9

I wish I could listen to music while I work. The only sounds I hear are bickering children, DH's sportscenter on the TV, and the buttons from the jeans clanging in the dryer.

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 3:11am
post #7 of 9

ALWAYS!

Always loud too. That way if someone wants me they have to come to the shop (I'm in home) instead of calling " mom... mom...mom" over and over. I can't hear them over the music. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm
post #8 of 9

I belt out with Carrie Underwood ... and in my mind, I think I sound pretty good! icon_biggrin.gif

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 17 Oct 2008 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 9

I set up a portable DVD player in my dining room and listen to audio commentary of my DVD's. I tend to work after the kids have gone to bed for the night, and easily lose track of time. When the commentary ends, I know I've been decorating for 2 hours icon_biggrin.gif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%