My Little Pony Cake- Help Can't Get The Book!!

Decorating By Lenette Updated 22 Oct 2008 , 4:29am by judcreations

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 16

I want to make the My Little Pony Barn cake that I saw in the gallery. It is based on a design in Debbie Brown's book. Well, I have been trying to find the book but it is out of print and the prices are so high. I just can't spend close to $80- $100 for this.

This is for my DD's bday next week. I think I can wing the barn itself from the pics (I hope) but I need help modeling the ponies.

If anyone has the instructions or can help in any way I would really appreciate it!

15 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 16

I would love to know too, I was hoping someone would have given you the directions by now........surely someone has that book!!!

KHalstead Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 16

just wanted to add I did a search and found someone that seems to have the book......also have you thought about trying your local library for the book??? Then it won't cost you anything!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-301103-pony.html+instructions#301103

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 16

Yes, the library! When I was asked to do one I was in the same predicament. I found a copy of it in the library two cities away, and they shipped it to mine.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:18am
post #5 of 16

I vaguely remember seeing something in one of my cake books. Dont know if thats what u r looking is the same, but am in office now, so cant check, but will see if i find it will post it tomorrow.

robinleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinleah Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:25am
post #6 of 16

am pretty sure i scanned it from the book i borrowed from the library. I can check to night when i get home and pm you the pages

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:30am
post #7 of 16

I have all her books and have scanned and sent dozens & dozens of her designs to other members. I'll look in my scanned folder and see if I've done it already, if not I will! PM me your email address and I'll send it to you ASAP. icon_smile.gif

OK, she has one actual My Little Pony cake, and another generic pony cake that looks a bit like my Little Pony, but isn't! Which one of these two do you want?
LL
LL

KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #8 of 16

okay, can someone PLEASE pm ME the directions too?? or email them to me????? I would REALLY appreciate it!!! Seriously!!!!!! Thanks

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 1:54pm
post #9 of 16

Love these cakes!

Bonjovibabe; could I please get the instructions pm'd to me as well?
Thanks so much!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 16

Thank you all for your replies. The library didn't have it and her bday is today so I've got to figure something out and have it done before 6PM.

I am thinking of going for the bad mommy award and just putting a MLP candle on top of a cake. icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I may be able to wing the round barn type cake w/o instructions...

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 3:42pm
post #11 of 16

How about doing the barn and then using MLP figures sold at stores? They have smaller ones that might work??

I used real care bear figurines on my cake because I have never modeled anything...it intimidates me.

GOOD LUCK!!!

P.S. - you are so NOT a bad mommy! Look at how much effort you have put into making this a special cake! In my book, you rock!

KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 8:38pm
post #12 of 16

did you see imartsy's MLP cake with the chocolate transfers??? I'm contemplating it for my DD bday....it's gorgeous, you could totally knock it out today!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=507033

kbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbaby Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm
post #13 of 16

ok I made it for my DD,

I have the book but cant photocopy it or anything so hope this helps

The house is 2 stacked cakes, the top cake is placed on top of the bottom. the bottom cake is carved all the way round to make it smalled than the roof(ie the top cake/roof should overhang the bottom cake. Think of a T shape)
Cover the stacked cakes in white fondant
Cut a large circle of yellow fondant and add that on to the roof cake.
roll out more yellow fondant and cut a smaller circle of yellow fondant out, place that on the other yellow fondant on the roof to give it a layered effect.
Next feather the edges to make it look like straw
In the white fondant cut out a door shape, replace the cut out with a yellow cut out and add detail to it to make it look like a door.
Cut out borders to create the window frames.(i used 2 square cutters, 1 bigger than the other and used the smaller one inside the larger cutter and then had a window frame)

The rest of it is adding details.
To make the ponies at the window you have to mould fondant into a head shape, then mould sausage shapes of different colours to create their manes. Add face details. To add them into the window put a piece of spagetti into the head and stick it into the window(add glue for extra support)
The pony on the floor again you just have to mould a long teardrop shape for the body and then add the head and legs.

The hardest part I found was moulding the ponies to make them actually look like ponies. The cake wasnt easy or quick and took me almost 8hrs to make!
Im in uk so its 10pm here so ill be off to bed soon and wont be awake to help you further. I hope ive given you enough.[img][/img]
LL
LL

kbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbaby Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 9:31pm
post #14 of 16

hers the finished one, ignore the shapes on my ponies heads in the windows. I didnt use spagetti to stick them in and the glue wasnt strong enough so they kept falling off the windows.
LL

KHalstead Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:33pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenette

Thank you all for your replies. The library didn't have it and her bday is today so I've got to figure something out and have it done before 6PM.

I am thinking of going for the bad mommy award and just putting a MLP candle on top of a cake. icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

I may be able to wing the round barn type cake w/o instructions...

Look at it this way..........if you don't model the characters yourself or do a transfer design of them, you can put that cake in your album and people can order it from you!! No copyright infringment!! l
My DD just told me she WANTS toys on top, she doesn't want ponies that you can eat!! lol oh well....easier for me!

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:29am
post #16 of 16

Guess I am late, as I dont have a scanner at home. Its the same one that I was talking about, which has been posted by bonjovibabe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%