Dumb Lemon Recipe ????

Baking By calynmom Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 12:20pm by FromScratch

calynmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calynmom Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:22am
post #1 of 9

I have a question about the lemon filling recipe. Now I know it's late and I've been up since 6:00 am..the recipe calls for 1 cup of whipped cream.

Is this whipped cream from a can in the refrigerated section or like cool whip from the frozen section?

Before I pass out from exhaustion could someone tell me.

Thanks Ladies.

8 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:29am
post #2 of 9

I don't know the recipe but I'm gonna guess that it's the 35% whipping cream that you buy in the paper cartons near the milk and coffee cream.

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:29am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by calynmom

I have a question about the lemon filling recipe. Now I know it's late and I've been up since 6:00 am..the recipe calls for 1 cup of whipped cream.

Is this whipped cream from a can in the refrigerated section or like cool whip from the frozen section?

Before I pass out from exhaustion could someone tell me.

Thanks Ladies.

In recipes that I have used, whipped creme usually means the little milk carton of liquid whipped creme bought in the dairy section of the supermarket. It has to be whipped to make it whipped creme. It is very thick but liquid. It is labeled whipped creme. Good luck. icon_smile.gif
V

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:36am
post #4 of 9

can you link the recipe? I'm sure they mean whipping cream, which you will find in a carton in the dairy section, but I'd have to see the recipe to be sure. icon_smile.gif

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:41am
post #5 of 9

I agree, link the recipe. If it's the one I used...I bought the stuff in the carton only to realize that I needed the other stuff. I didn't have time to run back to the store, so I just used my hand mixer and whipped it til it was the consistency I needed. Is it the recipe with orange juice and orange zest and lemon juice? If it is...it's tasty, but it's NOT a lemon filling...at least not lemon lemon. I called it a "citrus" filling. icon_smile.gif

PS...the stuff in the carton is called WHIPPING cream, so that's why I assumed it needed to be whipped. icon_biggrin.gif

calynmom Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:53am
post #6 of 9

keyshia,

Yes it is that same recipe. In the directions is says to fold it in. That's why I asked which kind.

If I get the stuff in the carton then do I need to whip it with my mixer before adding it.

I'm using it as the filling in a lemon cake.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 4:15am
post #7 of 9

Yes...I just used my hand mixer (my KA was already in use!) and mixed it on high until it thickened up....I want to say it took maybe 10 min? I used it with WASC cupcakes and it was very good, but I was a little upset because I was expecting "lemon". It has more of an orange taste than anything. I did my whipped cream until it was a little on the stiffer side (think meringue) and then folded it in. HTH. icon_smile.gif[/img]

calynmom Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 8:49am
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the info. I will definitely try it. I may not use the orange because it's going in a lemon cake. I think that would be kind of weird.

Again Thanks !

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:20pm
post #9 of 9

You may want to add some sugar to it too if you are using whipping cream. It's not sweet at all. It's basically heavy cream with a silghtly different fat content.

If it is calling for cool whip I'd use that to make things easier. icon_smile.gif

I just looked at the recipe and I'd use cool whip.. definitely not the stuff in the can or it'll deflate faster than you can scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%