Such A Rude Bride...

Decorating By ThatsHowTcakesRolls Updated 18 Oct 2008 , 3:28am by xstitcher

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 43

Ok...This is a first for me - I have never dealt with someone so rude and completely ignorant before. I know, you're probably thinking that it was time for me to come across someone like this considering some of the other bridezilla stories! lol

So, I have been dealing with the bride for a few months now and she was a dream! Very friendly, super nice, organized - you name it. She paid her balance in full with plenty of time, I really had no complaints.

Today was her reception. I delivered the cake at the SCHEDULED time which has been clearly marked on her original quote sheet, and each order form I have ever sent her as 3:30. I delivered EXACTLY at 3:30 and return to my bakery immediately after. I have 2 voice mails when I get back and they are the most VICIOUS voice mails I've ever received.

The brides says....The cake is 3 hours late! Where are you? You have ruined my day! You are completely unprofessional and what do you plan to do about it? It better be there when I arrive! She goes on and on really - some very choice words too I might add. Now, when I got there - they were still setting up for the reception - no guests - nothing!!! So I'm confused at this point and I run back to my computer to check my calendar, order form,e-mails and NOTHING says I am to be there earlier than 3:30. Well, let's just say that I sent her back a very "nice" e-mail making sure to point out HER error and to let her know that I didn't appreciate the way she spoke to me...Oh, I can't wait to hear back from her on this one....I hope she's stumbling over her words when she realizes what BI*** she was! Anyway, I just had to vent - Thanks for listening icon_smile.gif

Tammi

Also - just wanted to point out that her Wedding Reception doesn't start until 5:00!!!

42 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 43

Yup...I have had a few real doozies also...I think they go into B%#*@ mode!! I hope she responds and has had time to realize how rude and unprofessional she was being.I hope you get an apology but most likely..Not!! Sorry....at least the cake looked good!!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 43

We don't call them Bridezillas for nothing!

She was stressed out and took it out on you. You did nothing wrong. thumbs_up.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 43

Her reception is on a Monday? That's odd...

I'm sure she's just a loon and you have nothing to feel guilty about, but... this awful thought occurred to me...

Are you SURE you delivered to the right venue on the right day? Surely you double, triple and quadruple checked that. Forgive me for even bringing it up. icon_redface.gificon_wink.gif

SouthernSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SouthernSugar Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 43

I had a wedding a couple weeks ago on a Monday. Believe me, I checked and rechecked and still wasn't comfortable about it until I showed up at the reception site and I was there when I was supposed to be and where. With today being a holiday it doesn't seem quite as strange as my Monday.

I don't know what is up with your bride. It's a Monday? Don't take it personal. I am sure you were in the right and she is probably just having a bad day.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

Her reception is on a Monday? That's odd...

Perhaps Monday is a special/lucky day for the couple? Or maybe the 13th is? You never know why people do what they do.

For example, I met my husband on May 13, he proposed on June 13, we bought rings on July 13, and eloped on August 13, a Monday.

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 43

Thanks everyone! Yes, I am sure it was today - they were setting up for the reception when I got there so I know it was correct. This cake has been weighing on my mind for a while because I thought it was so odd to be on a Monday.

I do hope she at least realizes her mistake, even if she isn't a big enough person to contact me or apologize! icon_biggrin.gif

Tammi

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:27pm
post #8 of 43

I'm sure the bride was probably stressed out. Maybe other things were going wrong today and she got her times mixed up and thought, great, here's another thing wrong. Let me get on this lady's case now. I certainly hope she would respond and apologize to that effect! As for the day of the week, I actually have an order for a wedding cake for thursday night. I checked and rechecked the calendar, double-checked with the client.. yep its thursday night. My neighbors just got married last friday night, and it was a huge affair. Thursday and Friday aren't as unique as a monday but I wonder if it has anything to do with trying to save some money. I bet you can get some pretty good discounts for doing things off peak.
Well I certainly hope you can get a nice phone call from the bride. I can only imagine how upset you must be right now.

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:31pm
post #9 of 43

sugarfrosted... i love that, my dh and i have 13 all over our relatinship too... we met nov 13, went on ou first date on june 13, got engaged on july 13, had our engagement party on july 13th, and got married on dec 1st (couldnt do dec 13 bc that was his anniversary with his ex wife)... but 12 + 1 =13

so i love 13, and i always have, and the 13 was purely coincidental... h and our first dat on 6/13 was on a monday!!!!

alidpayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alidpayne Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 43

I also love the number 13. I always have, since I was a little kid. My husband and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary today, we got married on Friday, October 13, 2000. Yep, Friday the 13th. LOL It has been VERY lucky for us.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:46pm
post #11 of 43

I'd like to know how you ruined her day by being there at the contracted time. I'm sure she was stressed, but that doesn't give you the right to be a biatch.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:48pm
post #12 of 43

Sorry this happened to you. I'm very interested in her response. Unfortunately, it probably won't include an apology. icon_sad.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:56pm
post #13 of 43

i had a wedding cake for a wednesday!
and it was on the beach at 2pm

and i got an order on friday at 1 pm for a cake for saturday at 10 am ... and the bride wanted red sugar roses on the cake, and one white one... shes lucky that i had some that i had made for the bridal show, for a display cake... if not she wouldve gotten all white...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 9:57pm
post #14 of 43

Maybe she thought the "bridezilla" cameras were rolling when she made the call, so thought she was SUPPOSE to act all b*tchy! icon_rolleyes.gif

We got married on August 13 because we wanted to look forward to the years that our anniversary fell on Fridays!

P.S. Did you know that Tuesday the 12th is considered just as unlucky as Friday the 13th?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:09pm
post #15 of 43

Getting married on a Saturday/Sunday here is rare (and they tend to be expat weddings). For the Dutch, Friday is the most popular day, with Wednesday/Thursday a close second! If you get married on Tuesday morning (in my town anyway), the ceremony is free, so lots of people do that too!

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:14pm
post #16 of 43

Rude people just really P me off! I just never understand the purpose of it. I find you can get so much more accomplished by being nice....or most of the time anyway. You've got your signed contract, so she can kiss your patootie! And seriously, if the reception hadn't started yet, I don't get the big deal!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:23pm
post #17 of 43

Yah, being that it was a holiday today I bet she got a huge discount for it.
But cant understand the mix up unless for some reason she told you the wrong time but like you said, they were setting up? Maybe the venue moved the cake after you left and she thought it wasnt delivered? Or even more of a horrible thought, maybe someone at the venue knocked it over and ruined it and they took it out before she got there? You never know. I would double check with the venue to see what they say. Because if something happened you dont know about, you want that information before you talk to her.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 10:35pm
post #18 of 43

Hopefully they were setting up for her wedding and not another one tonight. If you clearly have 3:30 on all the correspondence between you and the bride, you are covered. If it were wrong she should have seen it. What time was the voicemail left?

My sister was married on (Monday) Columbus day years ago, it is a big Wedding weekend around here.

I know I'm older and I married 26 yrs ago, but I don't remember Brides having that since of "entitlement" back than. I was just thrilled to be marrying the man I loved, I would not have thought of calling someone and blasting them for a stupid misunderstanding. When did this "Bridezilla" crap start? Don't these stupid little girls realize it's one day out of their lives? I hope they put as much effort into making their marriages work.

ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:21pm
post #19 of 43

It's Columbus Day in the US. Not a major holiday, but a lot of people have off work none-the-less....

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:42pm
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeDGirlie

It's Columbus Day in the US. Not a major holiday, but a lot of people have off work none-the-less....

I work at a bank - we were open today. We're right across the river from Canada, and I think it was their Thanksgiving today. I got a lot done because everyone thought we were closed. icon_lol.gif

SweetDolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDolly Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 11:57pm
post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27

Hopefully they were setting up for her wedding and not another one tonight. If you clearly have 3:30 on all the correspondence between you and the bride, you are covered. If it were wrong she should have seen it. What time was the voicemail left?

My sister was married on (Monday) Columbus day years ago, it is a big Wedding weekend around here.

I know I'm older and I married 26 yrs ago, but I don't remember Brides having that since of "entitlement" back than. I was just thrilled to be marrying the man I loved, I would not have thought of calling someone and blasting them for a stupid misunderstanding. When did this "Bridezilla" crap start? Don't these stupid little girls realize it's one day out of their lives? I hope they put as much effort into making their marriages work.

I could not agree with this more! I only got married 7 years ago, but my florist forgot about my wedding and I didn't freak out on her; we worked it out for the exact reason above - I was beyond thrilled to be marrying my perfect match and not having the right flowers there wasn't going to change that.

I think people have become conditioned to complain, even if they're not really unhappy, because they think they're going to get a discount. It is truly sad that it has gotten as out of control as it has, and that children are being brought up to believe b*tching and complaining is normal.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 10:07am
post #22 of 43

So sorry that you had to deal with such a crazy bride! I would love to know how she responds to your email and I would LOVE to know what your email said. icon_biggrin.gif

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 11:09am
post #23 of 43

Thanks everyone! I do feel better about it now that it's the next day. I kind of was expecting an e-mail or something from her today because I know they weren't going on a honeymoon but maybe they went somewhere overnight. The voice mail was left while I was setting up. I arrived at 3:30, finished setting up by 3:40 and was back at my bakery by 4:00. The voice mail was left at 3:37 so maybe she had called the venue right before I got there, I'm not sure. I know I was at the right place because they had their picture on an easel for everyone to see when they came in. I don't know, maybe she was just stressing about other things and just really did not realize what she was doing.

I'll keep you guys updated IF I ever get a response! lol

Tammi

btw - This is the e-mail I sent to her....

Hi (bride's name) â I just got your very rude message that you left for me as I was returning from delivering your cake. I am appalled that you would leave that message for me when I delivered your cake exactly at the scheduled time. If you will review your Final Wedding Cake Balance e-mail sent to you on Wednesday, September 24th, you will clearly see that I had your delivery time down as 3:30. It was never 1:30 as I do not deliver wedding cakes that early as there is a greater chance for something to happen to it if sitting unattended for that long.

If this delivery time was not suitable for you, the time to correct it was then, not the day of your reception and not with such hurtful words. Iâm sorry that you did not review your order carefully enough to notice this but I assure you that I am extremely professional and have never spoken to someone in the manner that you did in your message. Thank you!

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 11:48am
post #24 of 43

I'm so sorry she freaked out on you like that!

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 11:49am
post #25 of 43

Great reply. There was no excuse for her voicemail, stressed or not.
I agree about this Bridezilla stuff. I was married 8 years ago and was so thrilled to be getting married to the man I loved and having a wedding I always dreamed about that the fact that my bouquet fell apart as I was going down the aisle on my father's arm, while disappointing was not a deal breaker for me. In fact it's something funny now and everyone remembers my laughing about it saying "I guess this is what you get for waiting to get married until 36, a bouquet as old as you are!" and then continuing up the aisle with that sad, pitiful bouquet.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 11:51am
post #26 of 43

Great reply. There was no excuse for her voicemail, stressed or not.
I agree about this Bridezilla stuff. I was married 8 years ago and was so thrilled to be getting married to the man I loved and having a wedding I always dreamed about that the fact that my bouquet fell apart as I was going down the aisle on my father's arm, while disappointing was not a deal breaker for me. In fact it's something funny now and everyone remembers my laughing about it saying "I guess this is what you get for waiting to get married until 36, a bouquet as old as you are!" and then continuing up the aisle with that sad, pitiful bouquet.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 12:33pm
post #27 of 43

I wouldn't count on an apology from this b**tchy Bride. It sounds as if she felt entitled to be a Queen B**tch on HER special day.

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:22pm
post #28 of 43

Update for everyone - The bride called me this afternoon to profusely apologize for her message yesterday. I actually feel bad for the bride after speaking with her. She confused me with some of her other vendors as far as delivery times and unfortunately she took the brunt of her frustrations out on me. Apparently her Wedding Dress was missing a closure on the back of her gown and she and someone from her bridal party had to sew it on while she was getting dressed. There was a Wedding at the same Gazebo the day before hers and the bridal party from that Wedding, nor those in charge at the venue bothered to clean up the spot so they spent an hour cleaning it up before she could set up for her wedding. And...the florist was 3 hours late. I can vouch for that because they were still setting up the flowers when I was delivering the cake!

What I am thankful for though is that she said the cake was perfect, not only in looks but in taste. She assured me that I will be hearing from her in the future for all their cake needs and that I will most likely hear from some of her friends as everyone was asking about where she got the cake from. So, I guess you could say this bad experience actually turned into a great experience. I guess I just got a little too offended too quickly without bothering to think about the fact that she might just be a stressed bride. Lesson learned from me - I usually try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but obviously dropped the ball on this one. Thanks everyone!

Tammi

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:33pm
post #29 of 43

I had two weddings this past Saturday and the brides were like night and day. One was fussy, picky, wanted more than the contract called for and I ended up making a much larger cake just to get it over with. (I learned a lot from dealing with her) The other bride had a less expensive venue, buffet style food, and family all helping to set up. A great DJ with wonderful music and a huge dance floor. (they are instructors) She just returned my cupcake stand and said they had a blast that lasted until the wee hours of the morning. The first bride had a very exclusive venue, top hat & tails kind of wedding and even the bridesmaids looked stressed when I was setting up the cake.

I know which wedding I would have rather attended. icon_lol.gif

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 14 Oct 2008 , 6:33pm
post #30 of 43

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything turned out well for you. It's easy to assume the worst in a situation like this, given some of the horror stories that have been posted. icon_eek.gif Happy this turned out not to be one of them! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%