Cake Ball Spiders???

Decorating By Newbieone Updated 16 Oct 2008 , 2:08am by lorrieg

Newbieone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newbieone Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 8

I saw the cutest cakeball spiders in the gallery one day and now I can't find them! I've searched forever! Can someone tell me how they made the little leggies and how they stuck to the cake ball? Maybe a picture? I want to bring them to a Halloween party because I have a ton of cake leftover from my sons b-day last weekend.

Thanks!
Christina

7 replies
Newbieone Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 3:12am
post #2 of 8

Nobody knows how I can attach the legs??
CHristina

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 11:52am
post #3 of 8

This sounds like something I would want to know, too! I hope it's not black shoestring licorice, as I can't find a single store in the city who carries the stuff. I'd have to get it online in huge quantities! (But this sounds so cute, I might have no choice!)

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:08pm
post #4 of 8

I've been looking for black shoestring licorice for a very long time, too. I used to see it all over, but now, NOWHERE. There's a drugstore nearby, and they're pretty good about ordering unusual things from their suppliers. Guess I'll ask them to order it. (They ordered Bit'o Honey candy for me a few weeks ago because I couldn't find it anywhere and my aunt wanted it.) Maybe a drug or variety store near you can do the same.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

I've been looking for black shoestring licorice for a very long time, too. I used to see it all over, but now, NOWHERE. There's a drugstore nearby, and they're pretty good about ordering unusual things from their suppliers. Guess I'll ask them to order it. (They ordered Bit'o Honey candy for me a few weeks ago because I couldn't find it anywhere and my aunt wanted it.) Maybe a drug or variety store near you can do the same.

I just saw Bit'o Honey candy bags at my local Dollar Tree! I was surprised!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 8

I found black shoestring licorice at my local Central Market (like Whole Foods). I found it in the candy section. It is german I believe and it comes in little spirals that you just unroll. I know it is off the subject but I was very surprise to find it because I had been looking for it for sometime.

Newbieone Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 1:26am
post #7 of 8

Whole foods is a great idea. Does anyone think I could do it in Royal icing somehow and stick them on there? Does anyone have the picture of these guys? I KNOW I saw them here!

Christina

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 2:08am
post #8 of 8

You could roll black fondant and shape it and let it dry. I had to use black pipe cleaners for ladybug legs when my originals didn't work out. THat was gumpaste so it didn't matter that they weren't edible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%