Tired Of Fussing With Fondant.

Decorating By cindersue Updated 13 Oct 2008 , 3:17am by BlakesCakes

cindersue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindersue Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 3

I seem to have a difficult time getting my fondant smooth around the bottom. It always has wrinkles around the bottom and the more I try to fix it I get tears. It looks so easy, what is my problem? Any help would be appreciated. I use Wilton fondant, could that be my problem?

2 replies
kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 12 Oct 2008 , 3:56am
post #2 of 3

I have the same trouble when I use the Wilton Fonant. I have switched to "FondX" and it works great. Sometimes I have that problem if my fondant is rolled out to thick.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Oct 2008 , 3:17am
post #3 of 3

Actually, Wilton is one of the most workable fondants on the market--if, unfortunately, one of the worst tasting icon_cry.gif

Your wrinkles are more likely "operator" generated, rather than product generated.

You need to cover the cake, smooth the top, pull the fondant away from the bottom of the cake, like a flared skirt, and work down the sides of the cake from the top edge, gently easing in rumples as you go. Cut off most of the excess left at the bottom, smooth again from the top down the sides, and then cut off the rest of the excess flush with the bottom of the cake board.

HTH
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%