Bought hard candy molds months ago and I am trying them out for Halloween treats.
Problem is everytime I make lollipops they won't come out of the darn mold. They are well greased.
I think I am leaving them in the molds to long.
Should I be taking them out of the molds sooner, like when they are still slightly warm?
Somebody please help!
I have never greased my plastic molds. I jsut make sure they are clean and when the candy is completely cooled they pop out with slight tap or push from the back side. If it is humid and they may be getting sticky which could make them harder to get out. I have also popped them in the freezer just long enough to get them cold before unmolding, but I usually only have to do this for fondant and cookie dough in molds.
I'm no expert on hard candy but I've been playing with it lately with the lollipops and jewels. I usually leave them alone until they're completely cool - which really doesn't take too long, usually by the time I'm done cleaning the pan, they're ready to come out. I spray the molds slightly with Pam. Push up from the bottom of the mold and they come right out.
Not sure what's wrong, maybe someone else can help.
I use several metal molds and its rare that I have this problem. I usually allow them to cool to room temp and then give a gentle tug. No problem.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.