Need Help Quick!!

Decorating By craftycakes Updated 9 Oct 2008 , 11:01pm by craftycakes

craftycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:17am
post #1 of 10

My sheet cake stuck to the bottom of the pan and iso of course the bottom is in a bunch of pieces. I put it back together like a puzzel and flipped it over. It looks ok but I am wondering if I shold still frost it and use it. Will it fall aprt more? Will my customer notice when she slices the cake? PLEASE HELP ASAP!

9 replies
atrmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atrmom3 Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:33am
post #2 of 10

You are going to have to make a new cake. I did that once and then iced over it. When the cake was cut it all started to fall apart.

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:42am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrmom3

You are going to have to make a new cake. I did that once and then iced over it. When the cake was cut it all started to fall apart.

I agree!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:55am
post #4 of 10

I also agree with the other posters. It's bad business to sell an inferior product. You will be saving yourself grief down the road, when she compliments you instead of complains.

Best! icon_biggrin.gif

CaitlinC412 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CaitlinC412 Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:58am
post #5 of 10

good luck! I hope the rest of the day goes better thumbs_up.gif

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 10

I would also rebake the cake. Always give your customers your finest work.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 12:18pm
post #7 of 10

Well depending on how bad it crumbled --I mean I have 'glued' zillions of cakes back together and sold them. It sounds like you put the pieces back together but you have to ice it ie, 'glue it' all together so it does not re-crumble apart. But if it's just an easy fix and the cake is sound and is not crumbling go ahead.

Idea for you--use parchment on the bottom of the pan going forward.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 12:21pm
post #8 of 10

I would also rebake, maybe you can use this one for cake balls?

craftycakes Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #9 of 10

I knew I was going to have to rebake. I was in a breif period of denial and had to hear it from someone else. The cake is for my supervisor's son's wedding rehersal dinner so I pretty much need it to be perfect. I do appreciate everyone's honest suggestions!

craftycakes Posted 9 Oct 2008 , 11:01pm
post #10 of 10

I knew I was going to have to rebake. I was in a breif period of denial and had to hear it from someone else. The cake is for my supervisor's son's wedding rehersal dinner so I pretty much need it to be perfect. I do appreciate everyone's honest suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%