Cookie Pricing

Business By kristingeorge Updated 8 Oct 2008 , 1:39am by CakeForte

kristingeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristingeorge Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:04am
post #1 of 7

I own a very small cake design company, however, a dear friend has turned me into the queen of logo cookies. I just want to get a feeling for how much I should be charging for these cookies. The are about 2 inches by 2 inches takes me about 10 hours to finish from start to finish 150. I'm just wondering what every one out there charges. please and thank you....

Kristin

6 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:11am
post #2 of 7

I believe Indydebi answered a cookie ad the other day. She said that she sells her cookies for $6 for a dozen. I have no idea if they are the same size as hers..bigger or smaller..

You might want to PM her or something. But there is definitely another cookie pricing thread open out there.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:23am
post #3 of 7

I read here somewhere $1 per inch for decorated cookies I think the $6 was for undecorated like chocolate chip cookies?

chrissycorrado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissycorrado Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:26am
post #4 of 7

Hi, I also own a small cake and cookie design company. I recently received an order to do logo cookies for a cosmetic company. I attached a picture. The cookies were fairly large to fit all of the details. They measured approx. 4" in some cases. To do three dozen of these cookies, from start to finish (including mixing the batter, making the icing, baking the cookies and decorating), it takes me about 8 hours. I charged $6.99 per cookie. They gladly paid it. In fact, they loved them so much that they now order them every time they want to woo a new buyer. So, don't be afraid to charge for your time and your talent!

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:30am
post #5 of 7

From what you described, I, personally, would start at $2.00 per cookie, with a minimum order of 36. Mainly b/c its a specialized item.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:31am
post #6 of 7

I recently had an inquiry from a local bank on logo cookies and in my research I discovered that the going rate for one logo cookie ranged from $4 to $6 each. This is based on the price charts of just about every cookie site I could think of compiled.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 8 Oct 2008 , 1:39am
post #7 of 7

Also, are you wrapping your cookies individually? I was not including that in my starting point of $2. You said a 2x2 so I'm thinking of a cookie slightly larger than an Oreo.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%