Need Help Making Realistic Fall Leaves

Decorating By meganmo27 Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 3:23pm by norma20

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:32pm
post #61 of 71

littlewomenmom, I love the colors on your leaves!! Very pretty! icon_biggrin.gif

meganmo27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meganmo27 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:57am
post #62 of 71

Littlewomenmom,
I love your leaves! The bright colors are beautiful and I love how you mixed colors on the leaves! Very pretty and creative icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm
post #63 of 71

Several of you have asked what's the next level after Wilton classes. Oh my! Wilton is just the tip of the iceburg!!!
Invest in DVD's and classes whenever you can.
SugarShack's
JenniferMI
are just two of the newest teachers that are just great. If you ever get the chance to buy their DVDs or take their class you will not be sorry......it will be the best investments ever. Nic Lodge is a seasoned teacher .... another one sooooo well worth attending!

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 3:10am
post #64 of 71

Okay here's a problem I'm running into: I'm using silicone veiners in the shape of leaves and painting them with melted chocolate. They set up but the leaves are breaking apart when I try to peel the veiner away. Anybody know how to solve this problem?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 5:46pm
post #65 of 71

I have never used the silicone and choc together but did you let them set up in the freezer ? It seems that would make them just pop right off?

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 7:37pm
post #66 of 71

I used the silicone and did one layer of chocolate, let set up for 15 minutes in the frig, did another coat on top of that and let set up for another 15 minutes then popped it off the mold. That seems to have worked. What I cannot do is bend or form the leaves at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 16 Nov 2008 , 8:54pm
post #67 of 71

Oh Sorry BOB I misunderstood I thought they just cracked while setting up!

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 1:57am
post #68 of 71

They are cracking when I try to remove them. I had to play with it a while before getting the hang of it. I still cannot do the Maple Leaf yet though -- that one cracks to pieces no matter what I do! icon_cry.gif

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 3:10am
post #69 of 71

I was having the same problem as you tonight bob, but I was using silk leaves. I fianlly had to paint the front side of the leaf to get it off, which made them backwards. I'm hoping no one will notice! The backs look better, but out of 12 leaves, only 2 didn't break.

Rainbow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 5:46am
post #70 of 71

Everyone's leaves look great icon_biggrin.gif I have a couple of questions. I am making leaves to go on cupcakes for a wedding. How far in advance can you make the MMF leaves, gumpaste leaves, or the combo gumpaste/MMF leaves? The MMF would taste better? Also can I put the leaves on the cupcakes the night before? Thanks for your help!

Sue

norma20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
norma20 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 3:23pm
post #71 of 71

Those leaves were made out of gumpaste and airbrushed. Sometimes I just use powdered food color and a brush.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%