Nfsc?...

Baking By SILVERCAT Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 12:24am by AmyGonzalez

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 10

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew if you could freeze already baked NFSC? I have a bunch I want for the end of this month and begining of Nov. I don't want to be swamped with all the baking just prior to the events, so I thought if I could bake them and freeze them afterwards. If you have can you tell me what you did? Did any of them get soggy after defrosting them? I have frozen chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodles and havent had a problem. Thanks for the help.

9 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 10

Yes, you can freeze them without a problem What I do is to put them in a tray and wrap the tray with foil and put them in 2 plastic bags. NOTE: I decorate them before to freeze them.

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 10

I have also frozen them...both ways (decorated/not decorated). I did the same....laid them out in a single layer then when frozen hard transfered them to freezer zip locks. Never had a problem with them! Good Luck!

Kim

P.S...I never used the foil.......just transfered them to the freezer bag when they were hard enough.

SILVERCAT Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 10

Foil? And how do you freeze them already decorated without the icing cracking when you defrost them?

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 10

Aluminum foil. to defrost them I just take them out of the freeze and live them like that for about 2 hours and after I take off all the bags and the aluminum foil and voila your cookies are ready. thumbs_up.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 10

If your freezer is big enough ..... I laid the cookies on a large cake board, then wrapped the whole board in saran wrap. Put in freezer. Once the cookies are frozen, then they can be easily stacked on top of each other. To thaw, I just threw them on the counter, and unwrapped them when they were thawed.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #7 of 10

I have a question I would like to ask too. I made cookies for the first time yesterday, and the dough was so had to kneed, at the end of it all I felt like my arms were gonna fall off icon_lol.gif . Is that normal? Also, it was very crummy at times. I used the recipe from this site. Can anyone help?

SILVERCAT Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear I can even decorate them and freeze them. I have two big bake sales coming up towards the end of the month. So if I do some here and there it will help and I wont be up all night the night before.
Do you could I stack them in like a beer flat with parchment paper in between? I do have a big freezer to do it that way.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:11am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyGonzalez

I have a question I would like to ask too. I made cookies for the first time yesterday, and the dough was so had to kneed, at the end of it all I felt like my arms were gonna fall off icon_lol.gif . Is that normal? Also, it was very crummy at times. I used the recipe from this site. Can anyone help?

Sounds like you had a bit too much flour.

AmyGonzalez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyGonzalez Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 12:24am
post #10 of 10

indydebi, thats kinda what I thought, but since I had never done them I was unsure. By the way, they came out great. I can't really say that I liked working with royal icing, I found it very messy and hard to work with also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%