Here Are My Creations!!

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 4:02pm by SweetPea0613

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 12:59am
post #1 of 9

So I'm back from my wilton course 3 final and I finished my cake!!!!

I'm so glad that it got home in one piece! It was a lot of fun to do!

Here's the pic and there's also a pic of my giant cupcake i finally made. It was a last minute cake since i had leftover batter and BC

Enjoy!! Any criticism welcome!
LL
LL
LL

8 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 1:49am
post #2 of 9

Great job! Your roses are beautiful! thumbs_up.gif

DaisyLisa17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyLisa17 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:04am
post #3 of 9

I love the colors of the roses... absolutely beautiful!

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:11am
post #4 of 9

Very well done! The cascade looks great!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 2:45am
post #5 of 9

Great job! Beautiful cake! I didn't take course 3 and tiered cakes scare the hell out of me! Were you scared of tiered cakes before you took this class or did you go in with guns blazing!

I don't know if it's because I'm scared of making the cakes or because I think of bridezillas and I know I have no desire to deal with brides to be. If, make that "when" I make my first tiered cake, it will probably be a holiday cake for the family and after that I will only make tiered cakes as a gift - no one depending on me to make their moment special. Too much pressure! Cakes are my stress therapy!

SweetPea0613 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:05am
post #6 of 9

Believe it or not it wasn't as hard as you think it would be! It was a lot of fun..you should definitley do a tiered cake Kim cuz your cakes are beautiful...imagine one with two or more tiers??? thumbs_up.gif

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:45am
post #7 of 9

Thanks for the compliments! I know I'm being silly. Covering a cake in fondant turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. It's probably just that I'm fearing the unknown.

The mother of one of my daughter's friends wants me to make a halloween cake for her annual halloween party, so I'm kind of thinking about trying a stacked cake. There's no expectation on her part, so there's no pressure on me. If I fail, I can deliver one of my regular cakes and she will still love it. She never has any preconceived design ideas. She always tells me, "Just surprise me!"

Thanks for helping to boost my confidence.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 3:45am
post #8 of 9

Great job! Beautiful cake! I didn't take course 3 and tiered cakes scare the hell out of me! Were you scared of tiered cakes before you took this class or did you go in with guns blazing!

I don't know if it's because I'm scared of making the cakes or because I think of bridezillas and I know I have no desire to deal with brides to be. If, make that "when" I make my first tiered cake, it will probably be a holiday cake for the family and after that I will only make tiered cakes as a gift - no one depending on me to make their moment special. Too much pressure! Cakes are my stress therapy!

SweetPea0613 Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:02pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_in_CajunCountry

Thanks for the compliments! I know I'm being silly. Covering a cake in fondant turned out to be a lot easier than I thought. It's probably just that I'm fearing the unknown.

The mother of one of my daughter's friends wants me to make a halloween cake for her annual halloween party, so I'm kind of thinking about trying a stacked cake. There's no expectation on her part, so there's no pressure on me. If I fail, I can deliver one of my regular cakes and she will still love it. She never has any preconceived design ideas. She always tells me, "Just surprise me!"

Thanks for helping to boost my confidence.

Ooooh a stacked halloween cake would be awesome!! Please do it!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%