Can Anyone Recommend Chicago Area Bakeries Or Supply Stores?

Decorating By Ironbaker Updated 5 Oct 2008 , 5:59am by Ironbaker

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 7

To check out?

I will be there today through Saturday, if I have time, I'd like to check one out.

Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 7

Well this is about an hour south of Chicago, in Chesterton Indiana there is the Chesterton Cake Boutique -- two friends own it (who are also CCers!) icon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 7

Well darn! I'll have to keep note of that one though because I visit IN sometimes to see a friend of mine.

I won't have a car, just staying downtown and using their metro system.

Thank you for your response bobwb! thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 7

No problem!! Just go to my www under the "spotlight" page and I did a whole writeup on them! icon_biggrin.gif

kendraanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kendraanne Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:50am
post #5 of 7

Have fun in Chicago! One of my favorite cake shops downtown is Cake Girls, but I just checked their website and it looks like they took a week off and won't be open until Monday 10/6. www.thecakegirls.com

Another fun shop is The Bleeding Heart Organic Bakery, which is also downtown. www.thebleedingheartbakery.com

Another that was featured on Food Network is Angel Food Bakery. www.angelfoodltd.com

Also TipsyCake - www.tipsycakechicago.com

And a cake supply shop and place for classes is Cakewalk Chicago.

If I remember any others, I'll repost! icon_biggrin.gif

Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 5:10am
post #6 of 7

http://www.cakewalkchicago.com/

let me know if you'll be in the suburbs at all, I know a few bakeries out here. I work at one icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Posted 5 Oct 2008 , 5:59am
post #7 of 7

Ugh.

I'm a day late and a dollar short. I should've posted this earlier before I left, I hate that I didn't get to see any of those. Especially Cake Girls, I don't think I realized they were based there. But I know I will be back, I absolutely love Chicago. I've been about 5 times now (usually girls' weekends, short and sweet) and it's never enough time. At least convention next year will be in the area...it will be all cake time then.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%