Help I Have To Make A Monster Truck Themed Cake And Cupcakes

Decorating By jamiemommyof2 Updated 4 Oct 2008 , 1:58am by barbaranoel

jamiemommyof2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiemommyof2 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 5:35am
post #1 of 5

Ok so im baking a cake for my nephews 7th birthday.. it is monster truck.. grave digger. Ive never even been to a monster truck arena.. so i am completely winging it. Anyone have any CUTE ideas, for the cake, and cupcakes.

For my sisters daughter i did butterfly cupcakes where they are cut in half facing away from eachother to make the cupcake look like wings with candy.. It was soo cute.

But monster truck? Im lost...

HELP!!!!

4 replies
cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 5

My son loves Monster Trucks too. We go to shows at least 2-3 times a year. Even Vegas for the world finals show every year. Anyhow, we have done the Monster Truck cakes a few times. First time I bought them from a local bakery. The last time I did them myself. I just went to Walmart and bought a few different monster trucks (like hot wheels). They even have the grave digger ones there. Then on the top of the cake I made some "grass" and "dirt tracks" and put the trucks on there. It came out really cute.
For cupcakes, you can purchase Monster truck cake toppers and cupcake toppers from birthdayexpress.com. They have different monster truck stuff there. I think I remember buying race car flags from there that were like picks so you can just stick those right into each cupcake.

jy_bllrd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jy_bllrd Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 5

I have a monster truck cake due on Sunday and was wondering too. Thanks for the info !!!!

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 5

I just did a Grave Digger cake for my 2yr old, there is a pic in my photos. I made a truck for the top with RKT covered in MMF. I wished the truck looked better for the photo but the icing faded since I made it a few days ahead of time and I redid it minutes before leaving to go to the party...
I like the other ideas of the toy trucks, mud and even cars that the trucks smash when they run over them. You can visit monsterjam online and maybe see some pictures of the shows and trucks to get some ideas.
I couldnt find Monster Jam decorations in stores and didnt have time to order online, so I made skull cookies and put skulls and checkered flags on cupcakes. (I just did skulls for candy in goody bags too, glad it is so close to Halloween and I was able to find so much).
Hope this helps.

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 4 Oct 2008 , 1:58am
post #5 of 5

I did a Grave Digger cake by taking apart a remote control truck and put boards on the base and building the cake up from there. There is a picture in my photos.

Everyone loved it, wish I had more time to make it look better, but I was running behind and didn't make it as smooth as I would have liked.

Barb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%