Last Minute Bridal Show Opportunity - Please Help

Business By cakesbycathy Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 12:13am by Laura102777

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 5

One of the other moms at DD school is an event planner and is participating in a bridal show on Oct 19th. She has offered to share her table with me - for FREE!! Normally this is an $800 table. This only gives me 20 days to get my act together.

This will be my first bridal show and I am freaking out about everything I need to do to get ready. She said last year they had 600 brides come through.

I have bookmarked some of the past threads, so I will go back and reread those. I ordered cake dummies from that dallas place this morning. I ordered 6-9-12" rounds, 6-8-10-12"rounds and 6-9-12" squares.

Seriously, I am freaking out! How many business cards should I bring? Should I make up brochures (sp)? How many cake samples? I need to get a website up and running! Did I mention I feaking out?

4 replies
Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 5

You will need to find out a little more about the bridal fair. How many brides are expected? This can make a huge difference. Some are relatively small, and some have thousands of people. If you can get that info, it'll be easier for people to give you guidelines for what to do. icon_smile.gif

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 5

Last year they had 600 brides.

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 5

Depending on your area, cake samples might not be possible, nor a good idea.

I'm in Texas and we have to turn in temporary food permit paperwork to the bridal show organizers several weeks in advance in order to pass out any food/cake/drinks. If we miss the deadline, we can't pass out food. The health inspectors always come and check, so there's no "maybe they won't see me" type of deal.

Also, we are not allowed to share booths. The organizers run a tight ship and they always kick out a few people that haven't paid. If you don't pay to advertise you can't participate. It would really piss me off if I paid $800 and someone who advertised for free got clients.

I would do your homework just to be sure.

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:13am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeForte

Depending on your area, cake samples might not be possible, nor a good idea.

I'm in Texas and we have to turn in temporary food permit paperwork to the bridal show organizers several weeks in advance in order to pass out any food/cake/drinks. If we miss the deadline, we can't pass out food. The health inspectors always come and check, so there's no "maybe they won't see me" type of deal.

Also, we are not allowed to share booths. The organizers run a tight ship and they always kick out a few people that haven't paid. If you don't pay to advertise you can't participate. It would really piss me off if I paid $800 and someone who advertised for free got clients.

I would do your homework just to be sure.

Those are very good points. Definitely check into all of that before spending any money on getting things ready for this bridal fair.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%