What Is The Best Choc. Chip Cookie Recipe?

Baking By vonnie99 Updated 1 Oct 2008 , 12:06pm by OhioBaker

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone have an all-time favorite crowd pleasing chocolate chip cookie recipe that they want to share?

12 replies
nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 13
cavette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cavette Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 13

Hi...

I make a Chocolate Chip Cookie.... that starts with a cake mix! So it's super easy.....

One box of yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1 tsb of flavoring (I use Princess Cookie)
1 Stick of ( cooled melted) butter
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1 12oz bag of chocolate chips

I just mix it all together! Bake at 350..... You just scoop as much dough as you want and the cookie spreads really good(I make the gaint ones) Its a very forgiving reciepe...so give or take on the BS.

Hope it helps......not a Pro or anything but the kids and co-workers love them. Its not fancy or anything but its really easy. thumbs_up.gif

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 13

i love the regular old tollhouse recipe. i use ghiridelli chocolate chips though. once in a while i add a pkg of vanilla pudding mix. great, now i have to go make a batch icon_lol.gif

txboog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txboog Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 13

I searched high and low for what I thought was the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. I finally found it when I tried Alton Brown's recipe "The Chewy." Everyone loves this recipe. I like a big cookie, so I use an ice cream scoop and end up with perfect 4 inch cookies every time. They're crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They turn out just as perfect when I use a small cookie scoop too.

Try them...you'll love them. Just thinking about them makes me want to go bake some. icon_smile.gif

Here's the link:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 13

I use the Tollhouse recipe, but I use half shortening/half butter. I also undercook slightly, so that when they are cool, they are really soft and chewy. I don't like crisp chocolate chip cookies. My husband's boss always tells me that if things don't work out with me and my hubby, he'll marry me, just for my cookies. icon_wink.gif HTH!

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 13

I have a recipe that I messed with for awhile until it was what I loved. I am a really big fan of fluffy big cake like cookies. Everyone who eats them feels the same.
I use....
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 sticks of butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
"Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Cream your sugars and butter in a large bowl, add vanilla and egg. Mix in dry ingredients into wet.
Bake at 375, enjoy.

vonnie99 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:17am
post #8 of 13

Thanks for sharing!!!!

vonnie99 Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:18am
post #9 of 13

Thanks for sharing!!!!

BarbRaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbRaz Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:42am
post #10 of 13

My new favorite chocolate chip cookie is from Michael Mina. If you like dark chocolate, you'll love these! They stay soft and chewy for days. Here's a link to the recipe:
http://www.metafooder.com/2006/10/31/michael-minna-at-keplers/

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:51am
post #11 of 13

Can't say I've heard of Michael before, but will try his recipe. I love finding new choc. chip recipes. Thanks.

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 11:53am
post #12 of 13

I've tried TONS of recipes looking for what I deemed the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie, and through all the trials, I've determined that people have very different opinions on what makes a c.c. cookie the "best". Having said that, here's the recipe that think is the best!!! (I was baking last week on the day our local fair started and decided to run a plate of these down and they landed up beating 9 other c.c. cookies for first place!)

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C. brown sugar
1 C. granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 C. butter flavored shortening
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C. flour
Chocolate chips (as many as you like- any variety although my favorite is 1/2 milk, 1/2 semi)

Cream sugars, shortening and eggs. Add dry ingredients and mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
Bake on lightly greased (shot of PAM) cookie sheet at 350 for 8 minutes.

*The key to these is to NOT OVERBAKE. Pull them out even if they don't look quite done and let them sit on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a tea towel to cool. When they get overbaked they're just okay instead of fantastic!

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 12:06pm
post #13 of 13

I always make the recipe that is on the back of the Nestle's chocolate chip bag and everyone just loves them. My family is always asking me to bring these cookies to family get-togethers and they fight over who's getting the last one. icon_surprised.gif They think that I have some secret recipe that makes them so delicious...poor things...if they only knew that they could simply make their own.

Shhh...don't tell. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%