The Amazing Race

Lounge By michellenj Updated 12 Dec 2008 , 12:12pm by Bijoudelanuit

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 7:20pm
post #31 of 65

I felt bad for the southern belles but they weren't the best racers.

And how cute was Phil's dad?!

Terrence still needs a kick in the butt.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:08pm
post #32 of 65

I just got around to watching this last night. The girls added nothing to the show, I am glad theyare gone. Phil's dad got teary eyed when they were eliminated!

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:52pm
post #33 of 65

Yes, Phil's Dad was too cute! Of course I have a crush on Phil myself!

I'm sick of Ken & Tina coming in first, although that Fast Forward looked so scary - I have to hand it to them for going for it!

Did they ever say if Star really broke her arm or not?

michellenj Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:10pm
post #34 of 65

Last week in the preview they made the divorcees making fun of whatshisname's hair look like some big controversy, but really it was just them being biatches for a minute.

So it is against the rules for them to speed, ot GET CAUGHT speeding? I'm 100% sure that other teams have driven over the limit before.

I'm just "eh" about this season-still! The should have had another team like Kent and Vixen (whoever they spelled it).

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:17pm
post #35 of 65

Yea, what's up with the speeding penalty? Was it because he was issued a speeding ticket? That doesn't make any sense to me either. I remember an epsiode years ago where one of the team mates was held and almost arrested for not paying a cab fare. No penalty for that. I wish Jeff had explained the reasoning behind the 30 minute penalty for speeding..... Things that make ya go hmmmmmmmmmm.

michellenj Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:11pm
post #36 of 65

I thought the Frat Boys were hilarious trying to iron those clothes. They didn't even know how to fold them neatly.

I had expected the ones who chose to do the wedding necklace to have a harder time getting change. That crazy crown would have given me a panic attack! That was crazy.

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:24pm
post #37 of 65

Yes the poor frat boys when their ironed clothes started blowing off the table!

Tina was SO annoying when Ken was trying to tape the paper to the car to paint it. I wish he had taped her mouth shut. I'm so glad they were last! But - darn! a non-elimination leg! Oh well at least they have a speed bump next week.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:01pm
post #38 of 65

Terrence needed to have his mouth taped shut too. He and Tina were bugging me. I thought it might be a non-elimination because they haven't had one yet.

Ironbaker Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm
post #39 of 65

I'm thinking Terrence and Sarah got that penalty because they actually "broke the law" = got a ticket. The rules do state they have to abide by the laws. I'm pretty sure many do speed, they've just been lucky as far as getting caught.

Tina and Terrence were so annoying during the spray painting. I hate how Terrence prefaces everything with "I love you but..." Just be quiet.

I laughed when Dallas said his mom was the "worst wingman" ever, in reference to him trying to hit on Starr.. icon_lol.gif

michellenj Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:19pm
post #40 of 65

Yay! The divorcees are gone!

Wouldn't it be funny if the frat boys came back and won the whole thing? They definitely would have lost (or it was edited to look that way) if Tina hadn't told them which were the right numbers to look for.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:27pm
post #41 of 65

I am also glad that the divorcees are gone. It was good to see a moment where Tina was nice, I'm not sure that she has very many of those.

Ironbaker Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:07pm
post #42 of 65

Hip hip hooray to the divorcees being gone! They came off so full of themselves sometimes. This was one of the most funniest episodes!

That paint war thing was brutal!

Terrence: Who's my girl? Sarah: You are...I mean, I am. HAHA!

Terrence still manages to be more and more annoying. He wanted a cookie so bad just for completing the roadblock. "The most physically challenging.." Making her look at his spit? He's something else. icon_rolleyes.gif

That was nice of Tina to help out Superbad but I can't say I'd do the same with just a few teams left. You just don't know what can happen between the last challenge and the pit stop.

The guy who was telling them if they're numbers were right or wrong was cracking me up.

And so was the Indian guy at the pit stop with Phil! Or wasn't at the pit stop..LOL!

Ironbaker Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 4:31pm
post #43 of 65

Forgot to post:

FINALLY! Those two are gone. Good-bye!

I think I'm rooting for the mother/son at this point.

michellenj Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 5:44pm
post #44 of 65

I can't even remember their names now. LOL

If he had just sucked it up and eaten the sheeps butt they would have been okay! His girl ate it like a champ. "I can run marathons and do triathlons, but couldn't eat meat." Boo hoo. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 21 Nov 2008 , 8:52pm
post #45 of 65

I respect the guy for not being able to do it. That would be like asking me to eat a pickle while walking through a pit filled with rubber snakes.

Honestly when seeing Nick and Star going for the fast forward they should have just turned around and not done it. They would have still been there.

He's going to kick himself forever over that choice. Oh well. Can't undo it now so suck it up and keep on living.

I hope the Frat boys go next.

After that I don't care who wins. I'm ok with any of the 3 remaining teams.

I'd like Ken & Tina to win because they have been good to the teams. They helped along the way and for being seperated they were 1% annoying compared to others from seasons past who were 300% annoying.

Mom & Dallas. They are good people. If they won I'd be happy.

Nick & Star. They are cool. They haven't rubbed me the wrong way.

WOW we are at the final 5 already though. I am sad because this means the end of the season and this is one of my favorite shows.

Ironbaker Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 5:41am
post #46 of 65

Michelle - Terrence and Sarah. icon_lol.gif

I knew tonight was probably a non-elimination leg but I was still hoping it wasn't. The Frat Boys are such sloppy racers, it's amazing that they've made it this far. They make too many mistakes. $300 on shoes? What was it that the cab driver finally accepted as payment? I couldn't tell what it was.

Ohara Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:39am
post #47 of 65

Yes, sloppy racers. I wasn't going to be sad for them to be eliminated. I also expected it to be non elimination. I think he pulled out all the rest of his money out of his wallet? It looked like cash, but I'm not sure. I wish that they would show how long the detour took...I wondered how much real time it took them to unload the bags of flour.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 11:47am
post #48 of 65

Not only were the frat boys sloppy, but they were rude too in the marching with the soldiers... I was disappointed that they weren't eliminated.

I'm hoping for either the mother/son team or the siblings... I'm worried about next week, the preview made it look as though Nick/Star lost their bags/passports. I'm hoping it's not true!

michellenj Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 1:47pm
post #49 of 65

I remember in a previous season that someone lost their bag and got it back. Hopefully, that will happen here-if it's the siblings. I like them.

The frat boys were so stupid. I would have gone on the street and bought shoes off someone before paying that much for airport shoes. You know that if they had just left the airport 9which they could have, b/c they had to wait hours and hours for their flight) they could have saved a lot of $$.

It's funny that they had trouble running last week, yet the bags of flour seemingly gave them no trouble.

Ironbaker Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 4:33pm
post #50 of 65

Thanks Ohara. I couldn't tell what it was and if it was money, I wondered why they didn't just give it in the first place.

They were rude and dumb at the detour! I couldn't believe how much time they wasted putting on and taking off the uniform. icon_lol.gif His marching was killing me.

Ironbaker Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 4:33pm
post #51 of 65

double post

michellenj Posted 24 Nov 2008 , 8:35pm
post #52 of 65

I was thinking to myself that he should have offered the driver his gold necklace if he really didn't have any money. I bet you that the driver would have accepted that!

How in the heck did they manage to hang in this long? It's crazy.

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:46am
post #53 of 65

I was so disappointed with tonight's results... I really hoped Toni/Dallas would go to the end with Nick/ Star and I was so sad to see what happened. How horrible to be traveling in a foreign country, under a time constraint and to lose your passport/money! I can't believe the frat boys have made it to the last episode!

My hopes are definately on Nick/Star now....

Ohara Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 11:55am
post #54 of 65

I'm with you....Nick and Star are my pick. I also can't believe that the frat boys are in the finals! And I like Tina less each episode...if that is possible.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 7:06pm
post #55 of 65

I was so sad to see Dallas and Toni go. I'm really hoping Star and Nick can win it, now. I think they've truly raced the best the entire time. I hope Tina's ex-husband finds someone else, anyone else, Tina's a little too much. The frat boys are just bumbling boys, if they win it isn't because they applied themselves, it will be dumb luck!

Ironbaker Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 3:38am
post #56 of 65

I was upset to see Toni and Dallas go too...

but very glad to see the siblings win! I didn't care much for Tina and Ken and the frat boys were there by dumb luck, to me. This season was a little of a bore though because there wasn't much competition for Nick and Starr, they dominated. Tina and Ken were pretty good racers but they usually came 2nd to the siblings. I didn't expect the ending to be any different.

Do you guys think they will last? (Tina and Ken)

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:57am
post #57 of 65

Did anyone see Dallas and his mom tonight? At the end we were looking for them and they were not there... I wonder if they were stuck in Russia due to the entire passport issue.

It was odd with out them there.

Ironbaker Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 4:58am
post #58 of 65

No! I was looking for them too. I just knew they'd be one of the first to show because of Dallas and Starr's little romance. I wonder if it was because of the passport issue? That would suck.

Ohara Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 11:48am
post #59 of 65

I was also looking for Dallas and his mom. Didn't see them either. I was glad for Nick and Star. Ironbaker, I was just thinking last night that they need to "spice up the show a little bit. Not very thrilling this season. And I would love a follow up to see if Tina and Ken are together. I'm not sure that they will make it. I don't know how he stands her! LOL

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 8 Dec 2008 , 12:44pm
post #60 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Did anyone see Dallas and his mom tonight? At the end we were looking for them and they were not there... I wonder if they were stuck in Russia due to the entire passport issue.

It was odd with out them there.

We noticed that too. We also wondered about them being stuck in Russia because of the passport situation. I wish they would have won, but I was very happy with Nick and Starr. They ran a very competitive race and completely deserved it. Still can't believe the uncoordinated frat boys made it to the finals. That wasn't right. There were many, many teams that deserved that 3rd place spot over the guys. Oh well. Can't wait for next season!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%